KB5022287 is the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 version 21H2. The update was released on 10th January 2023 under the ‘Patch Tuesday’ program of Microsoft.
Salient points about KB5022287 for Windows 11 21H2
- KB5022287 is a cumulative update that supersedes December’s cumulative update KB5021234.
- KB5022287 corresponds to Windows 11 build number 22000.1455. KB5021234 corresponds to Windows 11 build 22000.1335.
- The Servicing Stack Update 22000.1700 corresponds to Windows 11 cumulative update KB5022287.
- Separate installation of the Servicing Stack Update is not needed on Windows 11 because the SSU is part of the cumulative update. Once you install the cumulative update, the Servicing Stack Update is automatically installed prior to installing KB5022287.
- 64 vulnerabilities have been reported for Windows 11 21H2 x64 edition in January 2023 security bulletin. 10 of these stated threats have a ‘CRITICAL’ severity.
- 64 vulnerabilities have been reported for Windows 11 21H2 ARM64 edition in January 2023 security bulletin. 10- of these have ‘CRITICAL’ severity levels and the remaining have ‘IMPORTANT’ severity levels.
- Zero-day threats CVE-2023-21549 and CVE-2023-21674 affect Windows 11 21H2 versions for x64 and ARM64 systems. These threats are patches in KB5022287.
Download KB5022287 for Windows 11 21H2
KB5022287 can be automatically deployed using one of the following:
- Windows Update
- Windows Update for Business
- Windows Server Update Service (WSUS)
The automated installation takes care of end-to-end deployment of KB5022287 on Windows 11 workstations.
However, you can also choose to install KB5022287 on Windows 11 21H2 manually. To install KB5022287 manually, you can download the offline installer files from the Microsoft Catalog page.
|Windows 11 edition||Download link for the update||Size of update|
|KB5022287 for Windows 11 21H2 x64||Download KB5022287||315.1 MB|
|KB5022287 for Windows 11 21H2 ARM64||Download KB5022287||432.7 MB|
It is of critical importance that you must download the security update that corresponds to your system’s architecture, x64 or ARM64.
KB5022287 – Changelog for Windows 11 21H2
The following issues have been fixed in KB5022287 cumulative update for Windows 11 21H2:
From Microsoft release notes
- This update addresses issues that affect the Local Session Manager (LSM). These issues might allow users who do not have admin rights to perform actions that only an admin can.
- This update addresses a known issue that affects apps that use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll) to connect to databases. The connection might fail. You might also receive an error in the app, or you might receive an error from the SQL Server.
- This update addresses an issue that might affect startup on some Windows devices. They might receive an error (0xc000021a) and have a blue screen.
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.