KB5022303 is the latest cumulative update for Windows 11 version 22H2. The update has been released as part of the ‘Patch Tuesday’ program for the month of January 2023.
Salient points about KB5022303 for Windows 11 22H2
- KB5022303 is a cumulative update that supersedes KB5021255.
- KB5021255 was released as a cumulative update for the month of December 2022. You can read more about it here.
- KB5022303 for Windows 11 22H2 is available for x64 and ARM64 system architecture. There are separate files for both editions of Windows 11 22H2 version.
- Zero-day vulnerabilities CVE-2023-21549 and CVE-2023-21674 affect Windows 11 22H2. Both security threats are patched in KB5022303.
- KB5022303 corresponds to Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1105. KB5021255 for December 2023 matches Windows 11 build 22621.963. Upgrading from KB5021255 to KB5022303 upgrades the build from 22621.963 to 22621.1105.
- KB5022303 contains an in-built Servicing Stack Update. SSU version 22621.898 corresponds to KB5022303. There is no separate installation of the Servicing Stack Update when you deploy KB5022303.
- Windows 11 22H2 x64 and ARM64 editions are affected by 64 vulnerabilities. 10 of these have ‘CRITICAL’ severity. The remaining vulnerabilities have ‘IMPORTANT’ severity.
Download KB5022303 for Windows 11 22H2
KB5022303 can be deployed automatically using any of the following preferred methods:
- Windows Update
- Windows Update for Business
- Windows Server Update Service or WSUS
You can also deploy KB5022303 on Windows 11 22H2 manually. To apply the patch manually, you will need to download the offline installer files from the Microsoft Catalog page for KB5022303.
For ready reference, the direct download links for the offline installer files for KB5022303 are shared below for the x64 and ARM64 editions. Do make sure that you are downloading the offline installer files that correspond to the correct system architecture.
|Windows 11 22H2 edition||Download links for the update||Update size|
|Windows 11 22H2 x64 edition||Download KB5022303 for x64||272.9 MB|
|Windows 11 22H2 ARM64 edition||Download KB5022303 for ARM64||378.3 MB|
KB5022303 – Changelog for Windows 11 22H2
The following issues or bugs have been fixed for Windows 11 22H2 in KB5022303. The details are available on the Microsoft site. A brief listing is shared here under.
Microsoft release notes
- This update addresses issues that affect the Local Session Manager (LSM). These issues might allow users who do not have admin rights to perform actions that only an admin can.
- This update addresses a known issue that affects apps that use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll) to connect to databases. The connection might fail. You might also receive an error in the app, or you might receive an error from the SQL Server.
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.