Chrome version 110 has been released for desktops and Android devices on 7th February 2023. It addresses 15 security vulnerabilities on the Chromium project. 3 of these threats carry a ‘HIGH’ severity rating.
The stable release for the desktops has happened for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems.
Chrome version 110 for desktops
- Stable Channel – Chrome 110.0.5481.77/.78 has been released for the Windows operating system. You can force an update on the Chrome browser by visiting the Help > About Chrome option on the browser.
- Stable Channel – Chrome 110.0.5481.77 has been released for the Mac and Linux system installations.
- Extended Channel – Chrome 110.0.5481.78 becomes the new extended version of Chrome for the Windows operating system.
- Extended Channel – Chrome 110.0.5481.77 becomes the extended channel version for Mac and Linux operating systems.
Chrome version 110 for Android devices
Chrome version 110 for Android mobile devices has been released under the Chromium project. The new version of Chrome will be made available through the Google Play Store.
- Chrome version 110.0.5481.63/.64 becomes the stable release version for the Android devices
- Chrome version 111.0.5563.15 becomes the latest version in the Android dev channel.
Chrome version 110 for iOS devices
Chrome version 110 for iOS devices has been released under the Chromium project with security fixes for threats disclosed over the past few weeks.
- Chrome version 110.0.5481.83 becomes the current version of the browser for the iOS devices. It is available through the Apple app store for an immediate fix.
Security issues resolved in Chrome 110
Details of 10 security fixes have been shared on the Chrome blog. The following security threats and bugs have been resolved as part of the Chrome version 110 build for desktops:
|CVE code of vulnerability
|Type of vulnerability
|Type Confusion in V8
|Inappropriate implementation in Full screen mode
|Out of bounds read in WebRTC
|Use after free in GPU.
|Inappropriate implementation in Download
|Heap buffer overflow in WebUI
|Type Confusion in Data Transfer.
|Type Confusion in DevTools
|Insufficient policy enforcement in DevTools
|Integer overflow in Core
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.