AMD Ryzen 5 2400G is one of the actively sold processors from the AMD company. Most third generation Ryzen processors are compatible with Windows 11. This basically means that you get Windows 11 as part of the Windows Update program. AMD Ryzen 5 2400G is, however, not compatible with Windows 11. This means that your computer on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G will not have access to Windows 11 as part of the natural upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11.
Why is AMD Ryzen 2400G not compatible with Windows 11?
There is no public affirmation of the likely cause of the incompatibility between an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G and the Windows 11 operating system. We do know that Microsoft has had been testing processors and other hardware to find more about the performance of the Windows 11 operating system on different variations of hardware. Anything that showed high hardware crash rates was not considered for an upgrade path to Windows 11. That looks like one of the potential causes of the incompatibility between AMD 2400G and the Windows 11 operating system.
PCs running on the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processors show processor incompatibility as the cause of incompatibility with Windows 11. This is based on the results of the PC Health Check utility released by Microsoft. In the absence of any public posture from both companies, it is best to speculate that the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G is incompatible with Windows 11 due to performance reasons.
You may still check AMD Ryzen 5 2400G compatibility with Windows 11 on the page that hosts a list of processors that are compatible with Windows 11. The list is available on this page on the Microsoft website.
Can I install Windows 11 on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G computer?
Yes, you can definitely install Windows 11 on a computer that runs on the AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor. Such installation of Windows 11 will be a clean or new installation. Also, this installation of Windows 11 is not supported by Microsoft for future security and feature releases for Windows 11. This means that when you install Windows 11 on an unsupported or incompatible computer, you will not have access to the Windows Update program for access to security updates, feature updates, or monthly rollup updates. Your Windows 11 will stay at the build that you install as part of the clean installation. It may not be the brightest idea for someone looking to do a clean install on a business computer. Obviously, you can work with an unsupported Windows 11 operating system as an experiment on your home or hobby computer.
How do I install Windows 11 on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G computers?
You could install Windows 11 on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G in one of the following three independent approaches:
- You could download an ISO image of Windows 11 from the Microsoft site. ISO image can be used to perform a clean installation of Windows 11 on a computer based on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G. ISO image or installation files for Windows 11 are available on this page.
- You could allow the download of Windows 11 installation assistant from the Microsoft website. It works like a virtual assistant and helps you go through the process of clean installating Windows 11 on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G based computer. The Windows 11 installation assistant can be downloaded from this page.
- You could also create an installation media of Windows 11 on your DVD or USB drive to go through the installation of Windows 11 on your computer based on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processors. The installation media will lead you through the installation process of Windows 11. Installation media files can be downloaded from the Microsoft website on this page.
Again, clean installing Windows 11 on unsupported computers may work fine without any issues. As of today though, your computer will be off the regular updates of Windows 11 from Microsoft. So, please do understand the implications before attempting a clean install of Windows 11 on unsupported computers.
Can I continue with Windows 10 on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G based computer?
Windows 10 was launched by Microsoft in 2015. It will be supported by Microsoft until October 2025. Windows 10 becomes end of life in 2025. So, you can continue to use your AMD Ryzen 5 2400G on Windows 10 until it becomes end of life and unsupported by Microsoft. There is no immediate need to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11.
Should you still want to prefer working with Windows 11, the best option may be to get a new computer with a compatible processor. It could be running Windows 11 or even on Windows 10 that has a clean direct path to the Windows Update. You may also want to check the computer for the other compatibility factors. Windows 11 can run on systems that have the following hardware requirements:
- 64 bit processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB storage space
- TPM 2.0 compatible chip
- UEFI secure boot
- DirectX 12 or higher
We still maintain that running Windows 11 on unsupported computers is not the most appropriate idea for business computers. It is not worth the hassle.
Windows 11 is incompatible with AMD Ryzen 5 2400G processor. The likely options for AMD Ryzen 5 2400G users would be to buy a new system or wait out with Windows 10. Clean installing Windows 11 on AMD Ryzen 5 2400G computers does not provide you access to Windows Updates.
You may also like to read the following content related to Windows 11:
- Undoing changes made to your computer on Windows 11 computer
- Desktop Window Manager is using a lot of memory on Windows 11
- Improve File Explorer speed on Windows 11
- Apple Airpods soft sound after Windows 11 update
- Intel i3 7th generation processors not compatible with Windows 11
- Android on Windows 11 – This app will not work on your device
Helen is a geeky nerd who seeks to find and fix tech gaps in the latest gadgets. She is always on the lookout for resolving technical queries of users, and is an avid writer on technical subjects.