Microsoft released an upgrade for the Edge browser on 21 December 2023. The latest stable version of Microsoft Edge is 120.0.2210.91.
- Microsoft Edge stable channel version 120.0.2210.91 supersedes stable channel version 120.0.2210.77. The last update on Edge browser took place on 14 December 2023.
- Edge version 120.0.2210.91 corresponds to the latest Chrome version 120.0.6099.129/130. Chrome was updated on 20 December 2023.
- The latest update contains a fix for one security vulnerability in the Chrome engine or the Chromium project. CVE-2023-7024 is a heap overflow in WebRTC.
- Edge version 120.0.2210.77 also contains a fix for Edge specific vulnerability. CVE-2023-36878 is the vulnerability that is specific to the Edge browser.
On 14 December 2023, Microsoft released the latest Edge version 120.0.2210.77. This version is the stable channel release version for desktops. It resolves security issue specific to the Edge browser.
Edge security updates resolve Chromium-specific and Edge-specific vulnerabilities. The latest Edge version 120.0.2210.91 covers 1 Chromium vulnerability. Edge 120.0.2210.77 version resolves an Edge specific security vulnerability. These threats are discussed below.
One security vulnerability in the Chromium project has been addressed in the latest Chromium version. The details of the threats is given below.
|Heap overflow in WebRTC
1 security vulnerability is specific to the Edge browser. This has been resolved in the latest Edge version 120.0.2210.77. The details of the threat are shared below.
|Security feature bypass vulnerability
|The attacker would be able to bypass the protection in Edge that does not block tags which may contain blocked websites to be loaded. If an attacker successfully exploited this vulnerability it could load a malicious image file.
Install the latest version of Edge
The latest version of Microsoft Edge 120.0.2210.91 can be installed automatically. For this, you can close the browser and open it again. This should force Edge to pull the latest updated version.
Edge can also be updated manually. You can download the offline installer file for Microsoft Edge from the Microsoft Update Catalog site.
The direct download links for Edge version 120.0.2210.91 are shared below:
- Download Edge 120.0.2210.91 for x86 Windows version – the size of the .cab file is 150.7 MB.
- Download Edge 120.0.2210.91 for ARM64 Windows version – the size of the .cab file is 161.7 MB.
- Download Edge 120.0.2210.91 for the x64 Windows version – the size of the .cab file is 169 MB.
How to check the current Microsoft Edge version?
You can check the Microsoft Edge version installed on your system by following the instructions below:
- In your Microsoft Edge browser, click on the 3 dots (…) on the very right-hand side of the window
- Click on Help and Feedback
- Click on About Microsoft Edge
- This should give you the Microsoft Edge version on the system
The current update is being rolled out to the eligible systems.
If you restart the Microsoft Edge browser, your browser should automatically pick the latest version 120.0.2210.61 from the Microsoft Servers.
December 2023 Cumulative or Security Updates
- KB5033371 for Windows 10 version 1809
- KB5033373 for Windows 10 version 1607
- KB5033379 for Windows 10
- KB5033372 for Windows 10 21H2 and 22H2
- KB5033375 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 22H2 and 23H2
- KB5033369 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 21H2
- KB5033420 Monthly Rollup Update for Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB5033429 Monthly Rollup Update for Windows Server 2012
- KB5033383 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2022
- KB5033118 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2022
- KB5033371 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2019
- KB5033373 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016
- Microsoft Edge upgrades to version 120.0.2210.61
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.