Microsoft has released the latest stable version of Edge browser. Edge version 106.0.1370.34 was released on 3rd October 2022 as part of the monthly update cycle. The latest version of Edge is based on the Chromium version 106.0.5249.61/62. The current stable release version supersedes the Edge security update that was released on 15th September 2022.
The latest security update for Edge resolves CVE-2022-41035 vulnerability. CVE-2022-41035 is a CVSS 8.3 rated spoofing vulnerability. A remote attacker could exploit the vulnerability and induce a user to click on a malicious link. The attack complexity of the vulnerability is complex and user interaction is needed for the exploit to work.
CVE-2022-41035 is less likely to be exploited and is not disclosed publicly. No exploitation attempts have been detected for CVE-2022-4103 on the Edge browser engine as of writing this.
Besides CVE-2022-41035, the latest security update for Microsoft Edge also resolves the following vulnerabilities:
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3304 Use after free in CSS
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3307 Use after free in Media
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3308 Insufficient policy enforcement in Developer Tools
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3310 Insufficient policy enforcement in Custom Tabs
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3311 Use after free in Import
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3313 Incorrect security UI in Full Screen
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3315 Type confusion in Blink
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3316 Insufficient validation of untrusted input in Safe Browsing
- Chromium: CVE-2022-3317 Insufficient validation of untrusted input in Intents
All these vulnerabilities are ingested from the Chromium project. And these have been patched in the stable release version 106.0.1370.34. Details of the vulnerabilities are yet to be published.
To update Edge to the latest stable release version, you can restart the Edge browser. Upon restarting, Edge will pull the latest stable build and update to the version 106.0.1370.34.
Upon successful update of the Edge browser, you can validate the latest version of the Edge build by following the clicks sequence below:
- Open Edge browser
- Click on the 3 dots menu to bring up the context menu of the Edge browser
- Click on ‘Help and Feedback‘ option in the menu.
- If Edge is already updated, you will see the Edge status as displayed in the screenshot below.
If Edge is not updated yet, the browser should auto-update to the latest stable release version 106.0.1370.34. The update is fetched by the browser engine automatically. Once the update has been implemented, you will get an update message as displayed in the screenshot below.
The message above is a confirmation that the Edge browser has been successfully updated to the latest Edge stable release version 106.0.1370.34.
You may like to read more about Windows updates for the month of September 2022 below:
- KB5017383 Optional Update for Windows 11
- KB5017370 Monthly Rollup Update for Windows Server 2012
- KB5017365 Security Update for Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB5017377 Security Update for Windows Server 2012 – released 13th September 2022
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.