Microsoft has released the build version 119 for the Edge browser on 2 November 2023. The current active stable version for Microsoft Edge is 119.0.2151.44. We are transitioning from Microsoft Edge version 118.0.2088.76 to 119.0.2151.44. The previous update for Microsoft Edge happened on 27 October 2023.
- Microsoft Edge version 119.0.2151.44 supersedes Microsoft Edge version 118.0.2088.76.
- The latest version of Microsoft Edge 119.0.2151.44 is based on the Chromium project version 119.0.6045.105/.106.
- Edge version 119.0.2151.44 fixes 13 security vulnerabilities in the Chromium engine. These vulnerabilities are identified in a range CVE-2023-5850 to CVE-2023-5859. The other three are identified as CVE-2023-5849, CVE-2023-5480, and CVE-2023-5482.
- Edge version 119.0.2151.44 also fixes 3 security vulnerabilities that are Edge based. These security vulnerabilities are shared in the vulnerabilities section below.
Apart from the 10 security vulnerabilities that are Chromium based, there are 3 security vulnerabilities that are Microsoft Edge based.
Edge based vulnerabilities
The details of these 3 vulnerabilities are shared below.
|CVE-2023-36022||6.6||Remote Code Execution||Moderate||The attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could have limited ability to perform code execution.|
|CVE-2023-36029||4.3||Spoofing||Moderate||The user would have to click on a specially crafted URL to be compromised by the attacker. The attacker is only able to modify the content of the vulnerable link to redirect the victim to a malicious site.|
|CVE-2023-36029||6.6||Remote Code Execution||Moderate||The attacker who successfully exploited the vulnerability could have limited ability to perform code execution.|
The details of 13 Chromium based vulnerabilities are shared below.
|CVE-2023-5480||High||Inappropriate implementation in Payments|
|CVE-2023-5482||High||Insufficient data validation in USB|
|CVE-2023-5849||High||Integer overflow in USB|
|CVE-2023-5850||Medium||Incorrect security UI in Downloads|
|CVE-2023-5851||Medium||Inappropriate implementation in Downloads.|
|CVE-2023-5852||Medium||Use after free in Printing|
|CVE-2023-5853||Medium||Incorrect security UI in Downloads|
|CVE-2023-5854||Medium||Use after free in Profiles|
|CVE-2023-5855||Medium||Use after free in Reading Mode|
|CVE-2023-5856||Medium||Use after free in Side Panel|
|CVE-2023-5857||Medium||Inappropriate implementation in Downloads|
|CVE-2023-5858||Low||Inappropriate implementation in WebApp Provider.|
|CVE-2023-5859||Low||Incorrect security UI in Picture In Picture|
How to check current Microsoft Edge version?
You can check the Microsoft Edge version installed on your system by following the instructions below:
- In your Microsoft Edge browser, click on the 3 dots (…) on the very right-hand side of the window
- Click on Help and Feedback
- Click on About Microsoft Edge
- This should give you the Microsoft Edge version on the system
The current update is being rolled out to the eligible systems.
If you restart the Microsoft Edge browser, your browser should automatically pick the latest version 119.0.2151.44 from the Microsoft Servers.
Download Microsoft Edge 119.0.2151.44
For a manual upgrade, please use the link below to download the offline installer for Microsoft Edge version 119.0.2151.44.
- Download Microsoft Edge Stable Channel version 119.0.2151.44 for x64 systems – the size of this .cab file is 172.2 MB.
- Download Microsoft Edge Stable Channel version 119.0.2151.44 for x86 systems – the size of this .cab file is 154.9 MB.
- Download Microsoft Edge Stable Channel version 119.0.2151.44 for ARM64 systems – the size of this .cab file is 163.5 MB.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.