Fitbit Versa 3 received another update in November 2021. The previous firmware update on a Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch happened in the month of August 2021. That firmware update also upgraded the Fitbit operating system to the version number 5.2.1. The latest firmware update on the Fitbit Versa 3, as of November 2021, is the version 184.108.40.206. This firmware update will also push the Fitbit operating system to version 5.30.
The recent firmware update – 220.127.116.11 for a Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch focuses chiefly on:
- improving Versa 3 performance
- bug fixes
- adding outdoor exercise modes
- status indicator of the Versa 3 smart watch on the Fitbit app. Some such status indicators include low battery indicators, sleep mode indicator, and the status of pairing between the Versa 3 smart watch and the Fitbit app
How can I update firmware on Versa 3 to firmware version 18.104.22.168?
You can update the firmware on your Versa 3 to version 22.214.171.124 in one of the following ways:
- You can allow the update to be made available to your Fitbit app. The Fitbit app needs to be running in the background mode on the phone that is paired with the Fitbit Versa 3.
- Once the firmware update is sent to the Fitbit app, you can use the paired connection between the Versa 3 device and the Fitbit app to update the firmware on the paired Versa 3 watch.
This approach is a simpler, and hassle free approach to updating the firmware on a Versa 3 smart watch.
Fitbit initiated the firmware update in November 2021. Inside 4 weeks, the update has been rolled out to the eligible Fitbit Versa 3 smart watches. And, there have not been any reported issues or errors in updating the firmware on a Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch.
An alternate approach to updating the firmware on Versa 3 smart watch to the version 126.96.36.199 is through the fitbit.com dashboard. You will need to login to the fitbit.com dashboard and check for the available firmware updates.
If the firmware update is available for your device, you can initiate the firmware update through the Fitbit.com dashboard. Such an update can be manually initialized by you.
How do I know the current firmware on my Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch?
You can find the current firmware on your Fitbit Versa 3 by going into the device and clicking on the device image on your profile. This will give you the current version of firmware that resides on your Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch.
Update Versa 3 firmware using Fitbit app
You can update the Fitbit operating system and firmware version on your Versa 3 smart watch using the instructions below:
- Click on the Fitbit Versa 3 image on the Fitbit app. The Fitbit app resides on the phone that is paired with your Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch.
- If an update is available, please press the Update button to initiate the update process through the Fitbit app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download the latest firmware for Versa 3 (November 2021) version 188.8.131.52 on your Fitbit app.
Before initiating the firmware update on the Versa 3 smart watch, you will need to make sure that:
- the Fitbit app phone has adequate charge to last through the update cycle. It may take up to an hour for the Fitbit Versa 3 to be updated to the latest firmware 184.108.40.206.
- the quality of Bluetooth connection between the Fitbit app phone and the Fitbit Versa 3 is good. It is advisable to keep the Fitbit app phone and the Fitbit Versa 3 devices in close proximity to each other.
- the Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch should be adequately charged so that it can last through the complete update cycle.
An interruption on the firmware update for a Versa 3 may lead to complicated issues. Therefore, a little care and planning is needed before attempting a firmware update on the Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch.
How can I download the Fitbit OS 5.3 on Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch?
The Fitbit OS 5.3 for a Fitbit Versa 3 is bundled in the firmware update 220.127.116.11. You do not need to download the Fitbit operating system manually. The firmware update on the Versa 3 to 18.104.22.168 will also update the Fitbit operating system to the version 5.3. The previous version of Fitbit operating system was 5.2.1.
Can I rollback the Versa 3 update from the version 22.214.171.124?
Once you have initiated the firmware update on your Versa 3 to the version 126.96.36.199, you will need to allow it time to complete. There is no way to go back to the previous firmware version on a Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch. The firmware files are not manually published, and hence cannot be manually downloaded on to your computer or the paired smart phone.
Versa 3 firmware update 188.8.131.52 is stalled or hanging?
The Versa 3 firmware update to 184.108.40.206 should work fine in normal scenarios. If the firmware update is stalled on your device, you would do well to understand that firmware updates can stall on a Fitbit device for the major reasons mentioned below:
- your phone has a bad Internet connection
- Fitbit app is having issues on the paired smart phone. Try re-starting the app manually to see if it makes a change.
- your phone and the Fitbit Versa 3 device have a poor pairing connection. You need to make sure that the phone and the Fitbit Versa 3 are in close proximity.
- either the Fitbit Versa 3 or the Fitbit app phone may be running out of battery charge. Or, possibly one of the devices is already discharged.
If you have been trying to update using the Fitbit.com dashboard, the most likely cause of a stalled update has to be the quality of the Internet connection.
The latest firmware, as of November 2021, for a Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch is the version 220.127.116.11. This firmware update will push the Fitbit operating system to the version 5.30. The latest firmware update is being made available through the Fitbit app. Or, you could go to the fitbit.com website and get the firmware update through your device dashboard on the site.
You may also like to read the following content related to Fitbit smart watches:
- Current firmware version for Fitbit Sense
- Daily Readiness Scores on Fitbit
- Fitbit operating system update 5.3 for Fitbit Sense and Fitbit Versa 3
- Does Fitbit Sense have music?
Helen is a geeky nerd who seeks to find and fix tech gaps in the latest gadgets. She is always on the lookout for resolving technical queries of users, and is an avid writer on technical subjects.