Garmin Venu 2 Plus last received a firmware update on 14th November 2023. The latest firmware version for Venu 2 Plus is stable release firmware version 17.04. The software update or firmware update was pushed out to all the eligible Venu 2 Plus devices by 16th November 2023.
So, Venu 2 Plus owners would be already working on the latest firmware version 17.04 for Venu 2 Plus.
(This post was updated on 27 November 2023)
Firmware 17.04 for Venu 2 Plus
The latest firmware 17.04 for Venu 2 Plus was released on November 14, 2023.
The latest firmware update replaced the previous firmware version 16.11. The following issues have been fixed in the latest firmware update for Venu 2 Plus:
- Fixed various bug fixes and improvements
- Sensor Hub files have been updated to the latest sensor hub version 27.16
Firmware Update using Garmin Express
Firmware update version 17.04 for Venu 2 Plus is available automatically through the Garmin Express application or the Garmin Connect app on the paired smartphone.
Garmin Express is a PC application from Garmin. To perform a firmware update through the Garmin Express application, please follow the process below:
- You can connect your Venu 2 Plus device to a computer with a USB cable.
- Launch the Garmin Express application
- Garmin Express identifies the device and fetches a firmware update, if available.
- The latest firmware update files are downloaded to your computer.
- The files get pushed out to the Venu 2 Plus device.
- You will need to disconnect the Venu 2 Plus from the computer and approve the firmware installation on the smartwatch.
Firmware Update using Garmin Connect app
Garmin Connect is a smartphone app that is available for Android and iOS devices. To update the firmware through Garmin Connect, we follow the process below:
- Ensure good Bluetooth connectivity between the smartphone and Venu 2 Plus smartwatch.
- Ensure adequate battery charge levels on the smartphone and Venu 2 Plus.
- If Garmin Connect is running on the smartphone, it will check for the latest firmware and download the software update files onto the smartphone.
- As and when the smartwatch comes in good Bluetooth connectivity with the smartphone, the firmware files get pushed out to the smartwatch.
- On your Venu 2 Plus watch, you will need to approve the firmware upgrade to complete the process.
Firmware updates on Garmin Venu 2 Plus should be performed through automated processes involving the Garmin Express or Garmin Connect app only.
It may be pertinent to mention here that the firmware update cannot be rolled back automatically on a Venu 2 Plus device. Using a beta software installer to downgrade to the previous version is a temporary solution because your device will try to auto-update to the latest version of the firmware.
If we get a new firmware release for Venu 2 Plus, we will update this document with the latest version of firmware or software update for the Garmin Venu 2 Plus smartwatch series. For now, firmware or software 17.04 remains the most updated version of the firmware for Venu 2 Plus smartwatches.
Battery drain after firmware version 17.04
Some Venu 2 Plus device owners have reported significant battery drain after updating the firmware of Venu 2 Plus to version 17.04. Battery drain issues can be resolved using the following method:
- Soft reset of the smartwatch – reboot your Venu 2 Plus smartwatch. This is a soft reset of the watch and resolves most battery drain issues associated with firmware updates. Allow a couple of days after the soft reset to check the battery drain issue before proceeding with hard reset or factory reset.
- Factory reset of the watch – if a soft reset of the smartwatch fails to resolve the battery drain issue, you can do a hard reset or factory reset of the Venu 2 Plus smartwatch.
To perform a factory reset of Venu 2 Plus, you need to follow the process below:
- Hold B.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select > System > Reset.
- Select an option:
- To reset all of the watch settings to the factory default values and delete all user-entered information and activity history, select Delete Data and Reset Settings.(NOTE: If you have set up a Garmin Pay™ wallet, this option deletes the wallet from your watch. If you have music stored on your watch, this option deletes your stored music.)
- To reset all of the watch settings to the factory default values, including user profile data, but save activity history and downloaded apps and files, select Reset Default Settings.
Manual download of firmware files
The manual download of stable release firmware versions for Garmin devices is no longer available. However, if you wish to download firmware files manually, you can participate in the Garmin Beta program.
The beta program allows access to beta firmware files for a manual upgrade of the firmware of Garmin devices.
You may like to read more content about Garmin Venu watches below:
- Garmin Venu Sq 2 Music vs Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
- Garmin Venu Sq 2 Music vs Vivoactive 4S
- Garmin Venu Sq 2 Music vs Venu Sq Music
- Venu 2S vs Forerunner 255S Music Garmin watches
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?