KB5022845 is the cumulative update for Windows 11 version 22H2. It was released under the ‘Patch Tuesday’ project of Microsoft on February 14, 2023. We look at important points about KB5022845 below.
This update has now been superseded by KB5023706 for Windows 11 22H2 editions.
Key points about KB5022845 cumulative update
- KB5022845 is a cumulative update for Windows 11 version 22H2.
- KB5022845 supersedes KB5022303 cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2. KB5022303 was released as part of the ‘January update’ cycle of Microsoft updates.
- KB5022845 corresponds to Windows 11 build 22621.1265. We are upgrading from the 22621.1194 build of January 2023 to 22621.1265 of February 2023.
- KB5022845 also includes the changes that are part of the Windows 11 preview update KB5022360 that was released on 26th January 2023.
- Windows 11 Servicing Stack update that corresponds to KB5022845 is 22621.1190. This Servicing Stack update is part of the cumulative update and separate installation of SSU is not needed on Windows 11.
- 31 security vulnerabilities affect Windows 11 version 22H2. Out of this, there are three vulnerabilities that carry a ‘CRITICAL’ severity rating with CVSS scores of 9.8. A brief listing of these three vulnerabilities is shared below.
|CVE-2023-21689||9.8||Remote Code Execution in Microsoft Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP)|
|CVE-2023-21690||9.8||Remote Code Execution in Microsoft Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP)|
|CVE-2023-21692||9.8||Remote Code Execution in Microsoft Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol (PEAP)|
Installation of KB5022845 on Windows 11 22H2
KB5022845 can be installed through all the regular channels of updates that include:
- Windows Update
- Windows Update for Business
- WSUS or Windows Server Update Service
You can deploy KB5022845 manually as well. For manual installations, you can download the offline installer file in MSU format. The offline installer file can be downloaded from the Microsoft update catalog page for KB5022845.
The update files are available for x64 and ARM64 deployments.
- The size of the x64 update file for KB5022845 is 278.1 MB
- The size of the ARM64 update file for KB5022845 is 379.9 MB
Post-deployment issues of KB5022845 for Windows 11 22H2
KB5022845 has a few known issues that have been listed by Microsoft.
- Windows 11 updates may not be rolling out of the WSUS server on Windows 11 22H2. This issue affects Windows Server 2022 deployments where the client workstations include Windows 11 22H2. The issue affects all those server deployments that have been upgraded from Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2019 to Windows Server 2022.
- File copy operations may take more time on Windows 11 computers after deploying KB5022845. The slow file copy operations affect local file copies or file copies through the SMB protocol.
- Provisioning packages for Windows 11 version 22H2 may not work post-deployment of KB5022845. Provisioning packages are files in .PPKG file formats. This issue’s resolution is expected in one of the future releases of the cumulative update for Windows 11 22H2.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.