KB5022282 is January 2023 cumulative update for Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H2, and 22H2. In other words, KB5022282 is meant for Windows 10 version 1903 and higher.
It was released on 10th January 2023.
Salient points about KB5022282 for Windows 10 20H2, 21H2 and 22H2
- KB5022282 is a cumulative update that supersedes KB5021233. KB5021233 was released on 13th December 2022.
- Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.2486, Windows 10 21H2 build 19044.2486 and Windows 10 22H2 build 19045.2486 correspond to the KB5022282 cumulative update for Windows 10 20H2, 21H2, and 22H2 versions respectively.
- KB5019275 has been released on 19th January. It is a preview update for Windows 10 and was released a week after KB5022282 was released.
- Servicing Stack Update KB5014032 needs to be deployed on Windows 10 systems in which the operating system was installed using an offline installer file.
- Servicing Stack Update KB5005260 needs to be deployed on Windows 10 prior to installing KB5022282. This SSU is for systems that are patched using WSUS or offline installer files downloaded from the Microsoft Update catalog page.
Download KB5022282 for Windows 10 version 1903 and higher
You can deploy KB5022282 using:
- Windows Update
- Windows Update for Business
- WSUS or Windows Server Update Service
For manual deployments, you will need to download the offline update installer files from the Microsoft Update catalog. The installer files must correspond to the system architecture. So, for 32-bit systems, you must download the x86 installer file. And, you must choose between the x64 or ARM64 for 64-bit installations.
The direct download links for the MSU update files are shared below.
Download KB5022282 for Windows 10 20H2 editions:
|Cumulative Update||Download link for the update||Update size|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 20H2 x86||Download KB5022282 20H2 x86||359.8 MB|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 20H2 x64||Download KB5022282 20H2 x64||693.7 MB|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 20H2 ARM64||Download KB5022282 20H2 ARM64||712.5 MB|
Download KB5022282 for Windows 10 21H2 edition
|Cumulative update||Download link for the update||Size of update|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 21H2 x86||Download KB5022282 21H2 x86||359. MB|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 21H2 x64||Download KB5022282 21H2 x64||693.7 MB|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 21H2 ARM64||Download KB5022282 21H2 ARM64||712.5 MB|
Download KB5022282 for Windows 10 22H2 edition
|Cumulative update||Download link for the update||Size of the update|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 22H2 x86||Download KB5022282 22H2 x86||359.8 MB|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 22H2 x64||Download KB5022282 22H2 x64||693.7 MB|
|KB5022282 for Windows 10 22H2 ARM64||Download KB5022282 22H2 ARM64||712.5 MB|
KB5022282 – Changelog for Windows 10
For Windows 10 version 20H2, the following issues have been fixed in the cumulative update KB5022282 for Windows 10:
Microsoft release notes
- This update addresses issues that affect the Local Session Manager (LSM). These issues might allow users who do not have admin rights to perform actions that only an admin can.
- This update addresses a known issue that affects apps that use Microsoft Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) SQL Server Driver (sqlsrv32.dll) to connect to databases. The connection might fail. You might also receive an error in the app, or you might receive an error from the SQL Server.
- This update addresses a known issue that might affect startup on some Windows devices. They might receive an error (0xc000021a) and have a blue screen.
For Windows 10 21H2 and 22H2, KB5022282 has improved performance for both operating system installations. There have been no issues that have been reported post-deployment of KB5022282 on Windows 10 21H2 and 22H2 versions.
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.