KB5019958 is the latest cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. It was released as part of November month’s ‘Patch Tuesday’ project on 8th November 2022. We look at some important aspects of KB5019958.
Salient points of the KB5019958 security update for Internet Explorer
- KB5019958 is the security update for Internet Explorer version 11.
- KB5019958 is the security update that can be applied on Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1, and Windows Server 2008 SP1.
- If you are still on Internet Explorer 10, you can upgrade to Internet Explorer 11 before applying the KB5019958 security update for Internet Explorer.
- KB5019958 is part of the monthly rollup updates for each server product. So, it need not be applied separately if you are installing the monthly rollup updates on the Windows Server.
- If you are installing security-only updates, you will need to combine them with KB5019958 for securing the Internet Explorer installations on the Windows server.
- Before you can install the Internet Explorer Cumulative Update KB5019958, you will need to install the ESU or Extended Security Update for the Windows Servers that are end of support.
- This security update for Internet Explorer requires a server reboot.
- There are specific SSU requirements for Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 SP2, and Windows 7 SP1.
- For Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, you will need all the previous security updates on the server.
Install KB5019958 Security Update for Internet Explorer
KB5019958 can be applied automatically or manually. For automated installations, you could use one of the following methods:
- Windows Update for Business
- WSUS or Windows Server Update Service for installing KB5019958
Here is how your product configuration should look on WSUS:
|Windows Edition||Product Configuration|
|Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2||Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2|
|Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1||Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1|
|Windows 7 Service Pack 1||Windows 7 Service Pack 1|
|Windows Embedded 8 Standard||Windows Embedded 8 Standard|
|Windows 8.1||Windows 8.1|
|Windows Server 2012||Windows Server 2012|
|Windows Server 2012 R2||Windows Server 2012 R2|
You will need to pull the security products for each product classification shared above.
For manual deployment of the KB5019558 security update for Internet Explorer, you can download the offline installer files that correspond to the Windows Server versions. For your ready reference, the download files for KB5019558 for each Windows edition are shared below.
Alternatively, you can visit the Microsoft Update Catalog page for KB5019558 to download the offline installer files that correspond to the Windows Server editions in your infrastructure.
Download KB5019558 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer
The offline installer files for KB5019558 are shared below. These offline installer files are in MSU format. You could download these from the Microsoft Update Catalog site as well. We would also like to remind you that the update installation will complete after a server reboot or restart.
|Windows edition||Download KB5019958 for Internet Explorer 11||Size of the update file|
|Windows Server 2012||Download KB5019958||46 MB|
|Windows Server 2012 R2||Download KB5019958||55 MB|
|Windows 7 (x86)||Download KB5019958||32.5 MB|
|Windows 7 (x64)||Download KB5019558||55.4 MB|
|Windows Embedded 7 (x86)||Download KB5019958||32.5 MB|
|Windows Embedded 7 (x64)||Download KB5019558||55.4 MB|
|Windows Embedded 8 (x86)||Download KB5019558||26.4 MB|
|Windows Embedded 8 (x64)||Download KB5019558||46 MB|
|Windows 8.1 (x86)||Download KB5019558||29.6 MB|
|Windows 8.1 (x64)||Download KB5019558||55 MB|
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.