Yes, Garmin smartwatches are compatible with Google Pixel smartphones. Google Pixel can be paired with a Garmin smartphone through a regular Bluetooth connection. All Garmin smartwatches integrate with the smartphone through the Garmin Connect app. Garmin Connect is compatible with Android and Apple’s iOS operating systems. We look in detail at the Garmin smartwatches and Google Pixel.
Garmin smartwatch compatibility with Android smartphones
Garmin is compatible with Android smartphones that can run Android operating system 7 or higher. This implies that any Google Pixel phone that supports Android operating system 7 or a later version can work with Garmin smartwatches. Android operating system version 7 was launched in 2016. It was the same year in which Google Pixel phones were launched.
Google Pixel’s first generation smartphones were released for the first time in 2016. The first generation Google Pixels run on Android 7.1 or Android Nougat. Therefore, you can run a Garmin smartwatch with the Google Pixel first generation smartphone or the later version of Google Pixel smartphones.
Google Pixel smartphones compatible with Garmin smartwatches
We look at the Google Pixel phones and the Android versions they run on. Garmin rides on Android for connectivity with Google Pixel smartphones.
- Google Pixel and Pixel XL – These Pixel devices were released in 2016 and run on Android 7.1. These Pixel devices are compatible with the Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL – These Pixel devices were released in 2017 and run on Android 8 or Oreo. These Pixel devices are compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL – These Pixel devices were released in 2018 and run on Android 9 or Pie. These Pixel devices are compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL – These Pixel devices were released in 2019 and run on Android 9. Both Pixel devices are compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL – These Pixel phones were released in 2019 and run on Android 10. Both Pixel devices are compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 4a and Pixel 4a (5G) – These Pixel phones were released in 2020. Pixel 4a runs on Android 10 and Pixel 4a (5G) runs on Android 11. Both these models of Pixel phones are compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 5 – Pixel 5 is based on Android 11 and it was released in the year 2020. This Google Pixel phone is compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 5a (5G) – Pixel 5a (5G) smartphone was released in 2021. It works on Android 11 and it is compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
- Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro – These Pixel smartphones work on the Android 12 operating system. Both Pixel devices are compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
As you may have noted, all Pixel smartphones are compatible with the Garmin smartwatches.
How to connect the Garmin watch to Google Pixel smartphone?
Garmin smartwatch will make use of a Bluetooth connection to pair with the Google Pixel smartphone. It will use the Garmin Connect app to create a connection between the Garmin watch and the Pixel phone.
- Download the Garmin Connect from the Google Play Store on your Pixel device.
- Before initiating a new connection between the Garmin Connect app and the Garmin watch, we need to make sure that the Garmin watch does not have an existing smartphone pairing. If your Garmin watch is already paired with another smartphone, we will need to tear down the Bluetooth connectivity between the Garmin watch and the other smartphone. Once the connection has been brought down, we will also need to delete the account of the Garmin watch on Garmin connect app that runs on the other smartphone.
- Please switch off the smartphone that was previously connected to the Garmin smartwatch.
- In some cases, you may have to even factory reset the Garmin watch to forget the initial Bluetooth connection.
- Please ensure that the Garmin smartwatch is in pairing mode. The watch display must show the pairing animation sign when the pairing mode is in use.
- At this point, the Garmin smartwatch must be close to the Google Pixel phone and the Bluetooth connection must be intact. Garmin Connect should be able to automatically detect the smartwatch that is being paired with the Google Pixel smartphone.
- Allow the Pixel phone and Garmin device to connect through the Garmin Connect app.
This will complete the setup process between a Garmin smartwatch and Google Pixel smartphone. For the setup to be completed successfully, we always suggest that:
- Google Pixel smartphone should be adequately charged.
- Google Pixel device must be close to the Garmin smartwatch.
- Garmin smartwatch must be adequately charged.
- Garmin smartwatch must be in pairing mode.
In most cases, Google Pixel can connect to the Garmin watch using Garmin Connect on the first go. There are no exceptions or issues recorded while setting up Google Pixel and Garmin smartwatch.
Garmin smartwatches are compatible with Google Pixel phones. All Pixel phones between the Pixel first generation to the latest 6th generation Pixel smartphones are compatible with Garmin smartwatches.
You may like to read more content related to Garmin smartwatches below:
- Garmin Venu 2 Plus – FAQs
- Garmin Venu 2 Plus vs Vivoactive 4
- Garmin Fenix 7 Firmware 8.18 – released May 10, 2022
- Garmin Fenix 6 Firmware 21 version – released 10th May 2022
- Garmin Fenix 6 – Your Questions
- Garmin Forerunner 245 vs Forerunner 55
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?