The 13th-generation Intel core processors from the i9 family are some of the fastest. Intel i9-13900K continues to be in demand for its speed and performance.
We look at the comparison between the Intel i9-13900K and Intel i9-13900KF core processors below.
The main differences between the Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF are shared below for your ready reference:
- Intel i9-13900K processor comes with an in-built display adapter or graphics support. The i9-13900KF processors do not have an in-built display capability. You must get a graphics adapter or graphics engine with an i9-13900KF processor. Intel i9-13900KF is suitable for advanced gamers. They prefer to bring up full-fledged graphics engines or display processors like Nvidia.
- The i9-13900K processor supports ECC RAM while the i9-13900KF does not have ECC RAM support.
- The i9-13900K processor supports advanced security programs of Intel Some of these include the Intel Threat Detection Technology and Intel Active Management Technology. A full list of security products available in the i9-13900K processor is shared in the relevant section below.
- Intel i9-13900K processor is costlier than the I9-13900KF processor by almost 8 to 10 percent. The cost difference is calculated based on the list price of both processors.
We look at the capabilities and differences between Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF below for your ready reference.
The basic CPU details for Intel i9-13900K and Intel i9-13900KF are shared below.
|Generation||13th generation||13th generation|
|Architecture||Raptop Lake||Raptop Lake|
|Lithography||Intel 7||Intel 7|
The details of the number of cores in Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF are mentioned below.
Let us look at the speed of Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF processors in a side-by-side comparison below.
|Performance core – Base Frequency||3.00 GHz||3.00 GHz|
|Performance core – Turbo Frequency||5.40 GHz||5.40 GHz|
|Efficient core – Base Frequency||2.20 GHz||2.20 GHz|
|Efficient core – Turbo Frequency||4.30 GHz||4.30 GHz|
|Intel Turbo Boost Max Frequency||5.70 GHz||5.70 GHz|
|Intel Thermal Velocity Boost Frequency||5.80 GHz||5.80 GHz|
|Max Turbo Frequency||5.80 GHz||5.80 GHz|
The processor cache details for Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF are mentioned below.
|Total L3 cache (shared)||36 MB||36 MB|
|Total L2 cache||32 MB||32 MB|
|L2 cache per core||2 MB||2 MB|
Both, Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF offer support for DDR 5 and DDR 4 RAM. The essential details of RAM configuration, capacity, and compatibility for both processors are shared below.
|Total memory supported||128 GB||128 GB|
|DDR 5 Memory support||Yes||Yes|
|DDR 5 Memory Maximum Speed||5600 MT/s (mega transfers per second)||5600 MT/s (mega transfers per second)|
|DDR 4 Memory Maximum Speed||3200 MT/s (mega transfers per second)||3200 MT/s (mega transfers per second)|
|Maximum Memory Bandwidth||89.6 GB/s||89.6 GB/s|
|ECC Memory compatible||Yes||No|
Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF, primarily, differ in the graphics configuration. The i9-13900K processor has an in-built graphics engine with the graphics processor. The details of the graphic engine of Intel i9-13900K processors are shared below.
|Graphics engine||UHD Graphics 770||Not integrated|
|Graphics Base frequency||300 MHz||Not integrated|
|Graphics Max Dynamic frequency||1.65 GHz||Not integrated|
|Graphics output||eDP 1.4b, DP 1.4a, HDMI 2.1|
|Max Resolution eDP||5120 x 3200 @ 120Hz|
|Max Resolution||7680 x 4320 @ 60Hz|
|Max Resolution (HDMI)||4096 x 2160 @ 60Hz|
|Number of displays supported||4|
|Open GL Support||4.5|
|Open CL Support||3.5|
Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF have identical slots and are compatible with PCIe 5 and PCIe 4 standards for the bus architecture.
|Direct Media Interface (DMI) Revision version||4||4|
|Max DMI lanes||8||8|
|PCIe 5 compatible||Yes||Yes|
|PCIe 4 compatible||Yes||Yes|
|PCI Express configuration||Up to 1×16+4, 2×8+4||Up to 1×16+4, 2×8+4|
|Max PCI lanes||20||20|
|Base power||125 Watts||125 Watts|
|Maximum Turbo power||253 Watts||253 Watts|
Intel i9-13900K strives to offer a more secured experience than the i9-13900KF processors. The following Intel-specific security algorithms are supported by the Intel i9-13900K processors.
|Security programs||Intel i9-13900K||Intel i9-13900KF|
|Intel® Threat Detection Technology (TDT)||Yes||No|
|Intel® Active Management Technology (AMT)||Yes||No|
|Intel® Remote Platform Erase (RPE)||Yes||No|
|Intel® One-Click Recovery||Yes||No|
|Intel® Hardware Shield Eligibility||Yes||No|
|Intel® Total Memory Encryption – Multi Key||Yes||No|
Windows 11 compatibility
Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF processors are fully compatible with Windows 11 operating system. Most OEM suppliers and PC manufacturers will give you desktops and laptops that come with Windows 11 preloaded on i9-13900K and i9-13900KF based systems.
The following are the CPU performance benchmark scores for Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF processors.
|CPU Benchmark||Intel i9-13900K||Intel i9-13900KF|
|Cinebench R23 Single core||2238||2279|
|Cinebench R23 Multi core||38437||39161|
|Passmark Single core||4731||4705|
|Passmark Multi core||60560||59739|
|Geekbench 5 Single core||2306||2211|
|Geekbench 5 Multi core||24179||24106|
Intel i9-13900K and i9-13900KF are equally fast-performing processors. For most practical applications, Intel i9-13900K should be sufficient.
For advanced display experience for gamers, Intel i9-13900KF will be the right choice. Since i9-13900KF does not come with an in-built graphics ability, you could get an advanced graphics engine or driver to work alongside the i9-13900KF.
For non-gaming or non-graphics intensive applications, Intel i9-13900K remains the best bet from the 13th-generation Intel i9 processors.
You may also like to read more comparisons for Intel core processors below:
- Intel i9-13900K vs i9-13900F core processors
- Intel i9-13900K vs i9-12900K processors
- Intel i9-12900K vs i9-12900KS 12th generation processors
- Intel i9-12900K alternatives for PC
- Intel i9-12900K vs i5-12600K processors
- Intel i9 vs i7 12th Generation Processors for desktops
- Intel i9-12900K vs i7-12700K
- Intel i9-12900K vs Apple M1 Max
- Intel i9-12900K vs i7-10700K processors for PC
- Intel i9-12900K vs i9-10900K
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.