The Garmin ECG app is compatible with the Garmin Venu 3 and Garmin Venu 3S smartwatches. In this study, we look at instructions about taking ECG readings using the Garmin ECG app in Garmin Venu 3 and Venu 3S smartwatches.
How does the Garmin ECG app work?
The ECG app uses Garmin Heart Elevate sensors on the Garmin Venu 3 and Venu 3S smartwatches. The app will record the electrical signals representing your heartbeats. The electrical signals are captured using the Garmin Elevate Heart sensor.
The Garmin ECG app needs to be present on the Garmin Venu 3 or Venu 3S smartwatches. And, the Garmin ECG app needs to be supported in your country. As of writing this, the Garmin ECG app is only supported in:
- United States
- Hong Kong
So, if you are outside these 3 countries, you will not be able to make use of the Garmin ECG app.
This recording is known as an electrocardiogram, or ECG. The Garmin ECG app analyzes the recording to get your heart rate and detect signs of an irregular heart rhythm called atrial fibrillation (AFib). AFib rhythms occur when the upper and lower chambers of your heart are not beating in sync.
You could share the Garmin ECG readings with your Doctor.
Before you can take an ECG reading through Garmin Venu 3 and Garmin Venu 3S smartwatches, you will need to setup the Garmin ECG app on your smartwatch.
Setup Garmin ECG app on Venu 3 or Venu 3S
Please ensure that you have the Garmin ECG app on the smartphone paired with your Venu 3 or Venu 3S smartwatch.
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone.
- Select the device image (representing your smartwatch variant) at the top of the screen.
Note: If you have more than one device paired with the Garmin Connect app, select the ••• menu, select Garmin Devices, and then select the device.
- Select Finish Setup > Set Up ECG App.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the setup is complete, you can record an ECG by using the ECG app on your Garmin watch.
Once you have the Garmin ECG app on the Venu 3 or Venu 3S smartwatch, and also on the paired smartphone you can move to the next step for taking the actual ECG reading on the Garmin ECG app.
How to take ECG readings on Garmin Venu 3 and Venu 3S?
You can follow the instructions below to take ECG readings on a Garmin Venu 3 or Venu 3S smartwatch:
- Wear the Venu 3 or Venu 3S smartwatch just above your wrist bones on the wrist you selected during setup. (Note: The watch should be snug but comfortable.)
- Open the Garmin ECG app on your watch and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Sit comfortably, rest your arm and wrist on a table, and keep still.
- Place your thumb and index finger on the metal ring around the watch face to start a recording.
- Keep your fingers in place, and remain still for the entire 30-second recording.
- After the recording is complete, you can view the ECG app result on your watch. Alternatively, you can check the ECG reading on the Garmin Connect app on the paired smartphone.
Using Garmin Connect to view ECG readings
The ECG reading is available for direct viewing on the Venu 3 and Venu 3S smartwatches. Alternatively, you could use the Garmin Connect app to view the ECG readings collected by the Venu 3 or Venu 3S smartwatch.
- From the Garmin Connect app, select the ☰ or ••• menu.
- Select Health & Performance (or Health Stats) > ECG.
- Choose the ECG recording to view more information.
This support video of Garmin shows how you can take an ECG reading using a Venu 2 Plus smartwatch. The instructions for taking the ECG reading remain unchanged for Venu 3 and Venu 3S smartwatches. So, feel free to watch this video and take an ECG reading on the Garmin Venu 3 or Venu 3S smartwatches.
Related ECG post
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?