Windows 11 stores wi-fi key or password information. You can access the Wi-Fi password on Windows 11 computer through the Wi-Fi network configuration screen.
To access the Wi-Fi password stored in Windows 11, you will need to follow the process below:
- Open System using Windows + X key
- Access the Network & Internet options
- Click on Wi-Fi
- Click on the Wi-Fi network name for which you need the Wi-FI password
- Scroll down on the Wi-Fi network’s configuration page
- Find an option that says -‘View Wi-Fi Security Key’. Click on View.
- The subsequent screen will list the Wi-Fi password for the specific Wi-Fi network.
We will now perform the process below for ready action.
Click on the Windows key and X key to bring up an option to click on ‘System’.
Once you are in the System settings, click on Network & internet to bring up the following screen. On the Network & internet page, click on the Wi-Fi for which you need the password.
When you click on Wi-Fi, you will be taken to the next screen that lists all the Wi-Fi networks on the computer. We will pick a Wi-Fi network for which we need the Wi-Fi password. The same is highlighted below in the screenshot from a Windows 11 computer.
When we choose the Wi-Fi network for which we need to find the Wi-Fi password, we can click it. The subsequent screen contains all the Wi-Fi settings, including the Wi-Fi password. We need to scroll down on this screen to find the View Wi-Fi Security key option.
Click on the ‘View’ button next to ‘View Wi-Fi Security key’. You will get a screen like the one displayed below. The Wi-Fi security key or the Wi-Fi password is displayed on this page.
This page contains the Wi-Fi password or Wi-Fi security key on a Windows 11 computer. Once you have made a note of it, you can close the page and get out of the Wi-Fi settings and Network & internet configuration page.
To reiterate the steps that we took to get to the Wi-Fi password or Wi-Fi security key on a Windows 11 computer:
- We need to get into Network & internet configuration page.
- We will choose the Wi-Fi network and head to the properties page of the Wi-Fi network.
- You will see an option to ‘View Wi-Fi security key’ on the properties page. Click on that option to bring up the Wi-Fi security key or Wi-Fi password for the Windows 11 computer.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.