Windows 11 allows you to enable the ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications on the computer. The ‘Do not disturb’ mode ensures that all notifications are sent directly to the notification center in Windows 11. The notifications will not make an appearance on the desktop.
This ensures that you could work continuously and seamlessly on your Windows 11 computer. We look at the way by which you can enable the ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications in Windows 11.
On your Windows 11 computer, you will need to:
- Type Settings in the search box to bring up the Settings app.
- From ‘Settings’, you will need to choose ‘System’. By default, when you enter the ‘Settings’ pane, the default screen corresponds to the ‘System’ pane.
- From ‘System’, you need to choose ‘Notifications’.
5. You will see the option or a toggle switch to turn on or turn off the ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications.
Setting the toggle switch to on will turn on the ‘Do not disturb’ mode for Windows 11.
Schedule the ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications in Windows 11?
You can schedule the ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications in Windows 11. This would allow you to schedule the ‘do not disturb’ mode based on time. You can also set the ‘Do not disturb’ mode to come up automatically while using a specific app.
To schedule ‘Do not disturb’ mode to turn on automatically during specific hours of the day, we will follow the process below:
- Open the Settings pane on your Windows 11 computer.
- On the System pane, click on ‘Notifications’ to bring up the settings for ‘Notifications’.
- From the ‘Notifications’ pane, choose the drop-down arrow next to the ‘Turn on do not disturb automatically’ option. The screenshot below captures the subsequent screen that pops out when you choose the ‘Turn on do not disturb automatically’ option.
The screenshot above shows you different ways by which you can let the ‘Do not disturb’ mode come up in Windows 11. ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications in Windows 11 can be initiated automatically based on the following criteria:
- You can enable ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications on specific days or specific hours during the day
- When you are playing a game
- When you are using an app in the full-screen mode
- When you are using dual monitors
- When your system has been upgraded as part of the Windows Update
You can disable the ‘Do not disturb’ mode from the Windows 11 notifications pane by using the Turn on/Turn off toggle button.
In this Windows 11 tutorial, we have seen how to enable the ‘Do not disturb’ mode for notifications. You could enable it or disable it using the toggle on/off button in the notifications pane.
You could also enable notifications automatically through the notifications pane. Automated ‘Do not disturb’ mode ensures that minimal user intervention is needed to manage notifications during the busy hours of the work day.
You may like to read the following content about Windows 11 configuration, issues and solutions:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.