Garmin has released the second generation Venu Sq series in August 2022. The watch comes in multiple variants. One of the variants is the Venu Sq 2 Music edition. Venu Sq 2 Music edition has all the core functionality of a basic Venu Sq 2 series smartwatch. Additionally, it has the capability to offer offline music listening. We look at some key aspects that have changed from the Venu Sq Music to Venu Sq 2 Music.
Venu Sq series is a budget friendly watch. It could be considered as a good fit for being your first smartwatch. The Venu Sq Music edition comes for a list price of $249.99. The Venu Sq 2 Music edition is the latest music edition watch in the Venu Sq 2 series. It carries a list price of $299.99. The difference in cost between the Venu Sq Music and Venu Sq Music 2 is a paltry $50. What additional features or capabilities are rolled into the Venu Sq 2 series smartwatch? We will have a look at the capabilities of both watches below.
The display of Venu Sq 2 Music edition watch is, probably, the strongest point of the watch. Venu Sq 2 Music edition smartwatch comes with AMOLED display. Venu Sq Music edition continues to use the liquid crystal technology for the display screen. AMOLED screen is a standard offering on most contemporary smartwatches. For example, the Apple Watch 7 and Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 do offer the AMOLED display on the display screen.
The gains that can be attributed to AMOLED display on the smartwatch can be listed below:
- AMOLED display brings in improved display resolution, display clarity and depth.
- AMOLED display affords an opportunity to use the ‘Always on Display’ feature on the watches. AOD is a resource hungry feature as it degrades battery very fast. However, AOD does keep your screen active at all times. There is no need to move your hand or wrist to activate the screen on the watch.
The AMOLED display in Venu Sq 2 Music edition watch results in a much better display resolution of 320 x 360 pixels. The Venu Sq Music edition watch has a display resolution of 240 x 240 pixels. You can easily notice that the display resolution of the Venu Sq2 Music Edition is almost 50% higher than that of the Venu Sq Music edition watch.
If you prefer a bright and vibrant screen with better display clarity and brightness, you must prefer Venu Sq 2 Music edition over the Venu Sq Music edition.
Incidentally, both Venu Sq Music and Venu Sq 2 Music use the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 for the display lens. The third generation Corning Gorilla Glass is one of the best available for the wearable market.
In terms of appearance, the Venu Sq 2 Music edition watch looks better. It has a slightly bigger box-shaped display. And, it is thinner than the Venu Sq Music Edition. We list the physical attributes of the watch below:
- Venu Sq 2 Music has a thickness of 11.1 mm and the Venu Sq Music edition watch has a thickness of 11.5 mm.
- The display of Venu Sq 2 Music is a little under 36 mm. Venu Sq Music edition’s display is 33 mm.
- Interestingly, the watch size of Venu Sq 2 Music and Venu Sq Music remains unchanged at 40.6 x 37 mm, when measured diagonally.
- There is a hardly a difference in weight. Venu Sq 2 Music is 38 g and Venu Sq Music has a weight of 37.6 mm.
Venu Sq 2 Music, therefore, has incorporated the same shell of the Venu Sq Music edition watch. But, the bezel is definitely more compact and the watch is slightly thinner. The bezel is made of aluminum.
Battery charge or Battery life of Venu Sq 2 Music has seen a significant upgrade. On average, the battery life of Venu Sq 2 Music is almost double of the battery life of Venu Sq Music edition watch.
- On the smartwatch mode, Venu Sq Music can last for up to 6 days. Venu Sq 2 Music can go up to 11 days on full charge of the battery.
- On the GPS mode, Venu Sq Music can last for up to 14 hours and Venu Sq 2 Music can go up to 26 hours.
- On the GPS with music mode, Venu Sq Music can last for up to 6 hours. Venu Sq 2 Music can go up to 7 hours on GPS with music mode.
Battery life has been prolonged in Venu Sq 2 Music edition watch.
Another notable addition to the Venu Sq 2 Music edition watch is the availability of ‘Battery Saver Mode’. On the Battery Saver mode, the watch’s battery life can last for up to 12 days.
If you prefer a watch with extended battery life, a Venu Sq 2 Music edition would automatically qualify as a better option.
Over and above what Venu Sq Music edition offers, the Venu Sq 2 Music edition has introduced two new features:
- Health snapshot is available for the Venu Sq 2 Music edition watch.
- Sleep score and insights are available on Venu Sq 2 Music edition watch.
Both these features are unavailable on the Venu Sq Music edition watches.
In terms of music functionality, both watches share the same set of core features.
- Venu Sq 2 Music and Venu Sq Music can store up to 500 songs on the device storage of the watch. This ensures that you can listen to audio content while you are offline.
- Venu Sq 2 Music and Venu Sq Music can control music on the paired smartphone.
There are no changes in overall music features on Venu Sq Music and Venu Sq 2 Music watches.
Venu Sq 2 Music and Venu Sq Music have a water resistance rating of 5 ATM. 5 ATM rating means that the watch can sustain a depth pressure of up to 5 atmospheres. This is akin to saying that you can wear a Venu Sq 2 Music and Venu Sq Music watch at a depth of 50 meters or 165 feet below water surface level. These watches are suitable for indoor swimming for short periods of time.
Both watches come with Garmin’s pool swimming profile.
The Venu Sq 2 Music edition is desirable as it is a second generation watch. Apart from that, the AMOLED display and extended battery life of the Venu Sq 2 Music edition are two main benefits of the Venu Sq 2 edition over the preceding model. For a price differential of $50, the changes are definitely worth it.
You may also like to read more content related to smartwatches below:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?