Garmin released the latest firmware version 2.59 for the Venu Sq 2 series smartwatches on 27 November 2023. The latest firmware version 2.59 replaces or supersedes Venu Sq 2 software or firmware version 2.53. Firmware 2.59 is the stable release version for the Venu Sq 2 smartwatches.
- Venu Sq 2 firmware version 2.59 has been rolled out automatically in a phased manner.
- The latest firmware had been pushed out to the eligible Venu Sq 2 devices by 29 November 2023.
- Firmware version 2.59 will upgrade the firmware on Venu Sq 2 from version 2.53 to 2.59.
- The firmware version 2.59 can be applied to Garmin Venu Sq 2 and Venu Sq 2 Music edition smartwatches.
Firmware version 2.59 for the Garmin Venu Sq 2 will update the following apps to the corresponding versions:
- Graphics- 1.13
- Sensor Hub- 27.14
- Text Languages- 1.16
- Music Mobile Translations- 1.08
Venu Sq 2 Firmware 2.59 – Changelog
The following change has been incorporated in the firmware version 2.59 for the Garmin Venu Sq 2 smartwatches:
- Add improvements to ANT+
- Add improvements to BLE
- Add improvements to Connect IQ
- Support bike light single camera control
- Improve system stability.
Firmware version 2.59 remains a major release of firmware. It includes significant changes to the software of the Venu Sq 2 series smartwatches.
Install firmware 2.59 on Garmin Venu Sq 2
The latest firmware version 2.59 for Garmin Venu Sq 2 can be installed on the device automatically. You have options to install the firmware through the Garmin Express application or the Garmin Connect app.
We prefer the Garmin Express application to update the firmware 2.59 on the Garmin Venu Sq 2 device. The process is simple and brisk.
The Garmin Connect app uses the smartphone’s Wi-Fi connectivity to download the update and apply it to the watch. The update gets pushed out to the smartwatch using the Bluetooth pairing between the smartwatch and the smartphone.
Both options to update the firmware on Venu Sq 2 smartwatch are discussed below:
Update Venu Sq 2 firmware to 2.59 using Garmin Express
Garmin Express is Garmin’s application for the PC platform. You need to install it on your Windows PC or Mac computer. Post-installation of the Garmin Express application, the application pulls the updates from the Garmin website. It will push the update out to the smartphone configured in the Garmin Express application.
- Garmin Express is a proprietary application that can be installed on any computer. It is available for Windows and macOS computers.
- Garmin Express for Windows or macOS computers can be downloaded from this page on the Garmin website.
- Once you have downloaded Garmin Express, you can install it on the computer by executing the file.
- Validate if Garmin Express is working cleanly. You will need to add your device (Venu Sq 2) to the Garmin Express application.
- Garmin Express helps in pulling firmware updates, map updates, Golf course updates, and uploading your activities to the Garmin Connect app.
- Once you have linked your Venu Sq 2 to the Garmin Express application, open the Garmin Express application.
- Connect your Venu Sq 2 to the computer using a USB cable. The USB cable was shipped alongside the smartwatch when you first bought it.
- Allow Garmin Express to validate the current firmware version on Venu Sq 2. Allow it to pull the latest firmware version 2.59 for Garmin Venu Sq 2 from the Garmin website.
- Once the software has been downloaded on the Garmin Express application, it gets pushed out to the connected Garmin Venu Sq 2 device.
- This will initiate the firmware installation on your Venu Sq 2 smartwatch.
- Please allow some time for the firmware to be installed automatically on your Venu Sq 2 device.
- You can verify if the latest firmware has been installed on the Venu Sq 2 device by going to Settings —-> System and finding the firmware in the About Device section.
Install Firmware 2.59 on Venu Sq 2 using the Garmin Connect app
The Garmin Connect app is Garmin’s app. It provides an interface between Garmin servers and the paired smartwatch. All downloads automatically get downloaded onto your smartphone.
The Garmin Connect app is available for the Android and iOS mobile operating systems.
- Garmin Connect is an app that can be installed on the smartphone paired with the Venu Sq 2 smartwatches.
- Garmin Connect for Android phones can be downloaded from the Google Play Store page for Garmin Connect.
- Garmin Connect for iOS devices can be downloaded from the Apple app store page for Garmin Connect.
- Install Garmin Connect app on the smartphone paired with Garmin Venu Sq 2. Once the app is installed, link or connect the Venu Sq 2 with the Garmin Connect account.
- Do ensure that the Bluetooth connection between the Garmin Connect app and Venu Sq 2 is good. Also, do ensure that you have adequate battery charge on the Venu Sq 2 and paired smartphone for the firmware update process to complete flawlessly.
- Garmin Connect validates the current firmware version on your Venu Sq 2 device. If a software update is available through the Garmin servers, Garmin Connect will download the firmware files from the Garmin servers automatically.
- After the software has been downloaded on the phone through the Garmin Connect app, it gets pushed out to the Venu Sq 2 device over a Bluetooth connection.
- Once the firmware has been installed on the Venu Sq 2, you can verify the current version of software or firmware by going to the Settings —-> System and About Device section on the watch. It would tell you the version of firmware installed on the Venu Sq 2 smartwatch.
Battery drain after firmware update
There is a chance that your Venu Sq 2 battery may drain faster after updating the firmware on the smartwatch. This seems to be a known issue.
It can easily resolved by performing a soft reset. To resolve battery drain issues on the Venu Sq 2, you may follow the process below:
- Perform a soft-reset of the Venu Sq 2 smartwatch. In other words, reboot or restart the Venu Sq 2 smartwatch. Most battery drain issues arising out of firmware updates of the Venu Sq 2 get resolved with a soft reset of the smartwatch.
- If the soft reset of the smartwatch does not resolve the battery drain issue on the Venu Sq 2, you will need to perform a hard reset or factory reset. Before proceeding with a hard or factory reset, you must back up the smartwatch settings and user data. All user data and settings are lost after a factory reset. We suggest backing up the watch data using the Garmin Connect app to prevent data loss. Once the hard reset is complete, you can sync your smartwatch with the Garmin Connect app to restore data from the backup.
- If the hard reset also fails to resolve the battery drain issue, we suggest contacting Garmin customer support for further help.
Manual download of firmware files
The manual download of firmware 2.59 for Venu Sq 2 is not possible. The update can be installed using the Garmin Express or the Garmin Connect applications only.
A manual download of the beta firmware version is possible. For this, you will need to participate in the beta program for the Venu Sq 2 smartwatch.
Rollback of firmware
You cannot rollback the firmware once it has been automatically updated to the latest firmware version 2.59. If you are running into issues post-installation of the firmware version 2.59 on Venu Sq 2 smartwatch, your best option is to contact Garmin support.
You may be also interested in the software updates or firmware updates shared below:
- Garmin Forerunner 965 – Latest Firmware
- Garmin Forerunner 955 – Latest Firmware
- Garmin Forerunner 265 – Firmware 17.26
- Garmin Forerunner 945 – Latest Firmware
- Garmin Forerunner 255 – Latest Firmware
- Garmin Forerunner 245 – Latest Firmware
- Garmin Forerunner 55 – Latest Firmware
- Garmin Forerunner 45 – Latest Firmware
- Garmin Venu 3 – Latest Firmware 8.25
- Garmin Venu 2 Plus – Latest Firmware 17.04
- Garmin Venu 2 – Latest Firmware 17.04
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?