Garmin Venu series watch is a feature rich watch that comes with multi-sports modes. The Venu 2 and the Venu 2S smartwatches cost close to $400. Below, we look at the key differences between a Garmin Venu 2 and Garmin Venu 2S.
Appearance and Device specification – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu 2S
Garmin Venu 2 and Venu 2S have similar features and functionality. Most differences on the Venu 2 and Venu 2S watches are in terms of appearance, size, and weight of the two watches. Garmin Venu 2S is a sleek or a smaller-sized smartwatch model that weighs lower and has smaller size as well.
- Garmin Venu 2S has a screen size of 41 mm; Venu 2 has a screen size of 45 mm.
- Garmin Venu 2S weighs around 38 g and Venu 2 weighs 49 g.
- Venu 2S has a band size of 18mm; Venu has a band size of 22 mm.
- Venu 2S has a pixel density of 339 ppi and the Venu has a pixel density of 332 ppi.
- Venu 2 is designed for wrist sizes of 135-200 mm and Venu 2S is designed for smaller wrist sizes of 110-175 mm.
- Venu 2 has a higher resolution of 416 x 416 pixels and Venu 2S has a resolution of 360 x 360 pixels.
These factors signify that the Garmin Venu 2S is a sleeker watch with a narrow watch band and a smaller size of the screen.
Garmin Venu 2S is very suitable for women. Couples may prefer a Garmin Venu 2 for the male partner and a Garmin Venu 2S for the female partner. Aside from the size and display differences, there are no major differentiators between a Garmin Venu 2 and Garmin Venu 2S.
Battery life – Garmin Venu vs Venu 2S
The battery life of the Garmin Venu 2 is better than a Venu 2S. However, the difference in the battery life is marginal. The data below shows the battery backup times of Garmin Venu 2 and Garmin Venu 2S smartwatches.
- On the smartwatch mode, Garmin Venu 2 has a battery life of 11 days; Venu 2S has a battery life of 10 days.
- On the battery saver smartwatch mode, the Garmin Venu has a battery life of 12 days and the Venu 2S has a battery life of 11 days.
- On the GPS with music mode, a Garmin Venu 2 has a backup time of 8 hours and Venu 2S has a backup time of 7 hours.
- On the GPS mode without music, Garmin Venu 2 has a backup of 22 hours and Venu 2S has a backup time of 19 hours.
You may have noted that the Garmin Venu 2 has a marginal improvement in battery life.
PC Compatibility – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu 2S
The Garmin Venu 2S is compatible with personal computers that run Microsoft Windows or macOS. Venu 2 is, however, incompatible with the personal computer operating systems of Microsoft Windows or macOS. Garmin Venu 2S works well with a MacBook or iMac computers.
Color options – Garmin Venu2 vs Garmin Venu 2S
In terms of color offerings, a Garmin Venu 2 comes in stainless steel bezel in Graphite blue case or a Black case. Venu 2 is offered for sales in these 2 colors alone.
Venu 2S has been offered for sale in 4 different colors:
- Light Gold Stainless Steel Bezel with Light Sand Case and Silicone Band
- Slate Stainless Steel Bezel with Graphite Case and Silicone Band
- Silver Stainless Steel Bezel with Mist Gray Case and Silicone Band
- Rose Gold Stainless Steel Bezel with White Case and Silicone Band
Venu 2S is more suited to smaller wrists and can be considered as a ladies’ watch. It has all the features of a Garmin Venu 2 smartwatch.
What is similar between Garmin Venu 2 and Venu 2S?
Both, Garmin Venu 2 and Venu 2S shared the most common features of the Garmin Venu smartwatches. Some of these major smartwatch features that are shared by the Venu 2 and Venu 2S are:
- both watches are compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices.
- both watches give the sleep score insights and the body battery levels to offer insights about the fatigue level for the body.
- both Venu 2 and Venu 2S have on-device storage to store music files locally on the watch.
- both Venu 2 and Venu 2S have perpetual or continuous heart rate monitoring.
- High and low heart rate alerts are available on the Venu 2 and Venu 2S.
- Venu 2 and Venu 2S, both, support GPS systems that include GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, QZSS and Beidou.
- Venu 2 and Venu 2S have AMOLED display and Always-on display.
- Both watches have multi sports mode such as the golf mode, swimming mode, outdoor recreation mode to track and store your activity data as part of the sports activities.
- Venu 2 and Venu 2S can take skin based temperature readings with tempe temperature sensor.
These are some of the more significant similarities between a Garmin Venu 2 and Garmin Venu 2S smartwatch models.
Garmin Venu 2 is a bigger-sized smartwatch in comparison to the Venu 2S. Venu 2S is suitable for smaller wrists and is an appropriate watch for ladies. A Venu 2 has a bigger dial size of 45 mm and is more suitable for bigger wrists. Aside from the display and size differences, the core similarities between the Garmin Venu 2 and Venu 2S remain unchanged. The choice, essentially, depends on which watch you prefer in terms of appearance, looks, and weight of the watch. You stand to lose nothing between the Venu 2 and the Venu 2S series.
You may also like to read the following content related to Garmin watches:
- Garmin Venu 2 vs Garmin Venu Sq
- Apple Watch 7 vs Garmin Venu 2 Plus
- Garmin Venu 2 Plus vs Garmin Venu 2
- Garmin Venu 2 – Smartwatch for 2022
- Garmin Venu 2 vs Fitbit Sense
- Apple Watch 7 vs Garmin Venu 2
Helen is a geeky nerd who seeks to find and fix tech gaps in the latest gadgets. She is always on the lookout for resolving technical queries of users, and is an avid writer on technical subjects.