Venu 2 and Venu Sq are smartwatches that have been made by Garmin. Venu 2 is a smartwatch that caters to a different audience and costs almost double of Garmin Venu Sq. What changes between a Venu Sq and Venu 2 models of Garmin smartwatch models? Below, we will look at some key differences between a Garmin Venu 2 and Garmin Venu Sq.
Display and device specifications – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu Sq
Garmin Venu 2 is a premium product. The specifications and display resolution of the Venu 2 watch testify to the watch’s quality and rich features.
- Garmin Venu 2 has a round display; Garmin Venu Sq has a square display.
- Garmin Venu 2 has a higher display resolution of 416 x 416 pixels; a Garmin Venu Sq has a display resolution of 240 x 240 pixels.
- Garmin Venu 2 has an AMOLED display and the Garmin Venu Sq has a liquid crystal display.
- The bezel on a Venu 2 is made of stainless steel; the bezel on Garmin Venu Sq is made of aluminium.
- Garmin Venu 2 weighs 49 g and the Venu Sq weighs 38 gm.
- Venu 2 has a 22 mm band and the Venu Sq has a 20 mm band. Venu 2 is recommended for a wrist size between 135-200 mm. A Venu Sq is recommended for a wrist size between 125-290 mm.
- Venu 2 has a display size of 45 mm and Venu Sq has a display size of 41 mm.
The two most important differentiators between a Garmin Venu 2 and Ven Sq are the stainless steel bezel and AMOLED display of the Venu 2 smartwatch. These two features, by themselves, add incremental quality to the Garmin Venu 2 over the Venu Sq model.
Battery Life – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu Sq
Garmin Venu 2 has one of the best battery life from amidst the latest range of smartwatches. The battery life of Venu 2 is significantly higher than the battery life of a Venu Sq.
- Garmin Venu 2 has a battery backup of 11 days on smartwatch mode; Venu Sq has a battery backup of 6 days on the smartwatch mode.
- Venu 2 lasts 22 hours on GPS mode; Venu Sq lasts 14 hours on the GPS mode.
The added battery life of a Garmin Venu 2 comes in handy for outdoor activities and fitness runs. Venu 2 has an upgraded capacity of the battery over the Venu Sq model.
Sleep monitoring – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu Sq
Garmin Venu 2 has a sleep monitoring feature. It tracks your sleep and rates the sleep quality by offering you a sleep score. The sleep insights shared by a Garmin Venu 2 watch are useful in understanding your body’s rest or fatigue levels.
Venu Sq smartwatch is a basic smartwatch model of Garmin. It does not have the sleep tracking or monitoring feature.
Aside from the sleep score and insights, a Venu 2 also provides a top-level health snapshot to cover the basics of your health monitoring. Venu Sq does not have any sort of health snapshot for the wearer.
Music – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu Sq
Garmin Venu 2 has on-device storage. This allows the Venu 2 to store up to 650 songs on the watch storage. When you are traveling or are offline, the on-device storage comes in handy to play songs through the watch interface. You can also play songs on your smartphone through the Garmin Venu 2 as it allows you to control music on the paired smartphone.
Venu sq does not have any music storage. It cannot control music on the paired smartphone. Music capability does not exist on the Garmin Venu Sq smartwatch.
Altimeter and Gyroscope – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu Sq
Garmin Venu 2 has an inbuilt gyroscope and altimeter sensors. These help in calculating the altitude and directional data of your watch. Altimeter calibration is a useful feature on the Garmin Venu 2.
Venu Sq does not have a gyroscope or altimeter sensors.
Activity tracking and Sports modes – Garmin Venu 2 vs Venu Sq
Venu 2 has many detailed sports and activity tracking modes in comparison with the Venu Sq. It offers additional activity tracking features and incremental features on the Golf mode, swimming mode, Gym mode, and activity tracking modes.
- Venu 2 has recreation profiles based on Hiking, Indoor Climbing, Bouldering, Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing. Venu Sq has a slighlty lesser number of recreation profiles that comprise of Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing.
- Venu 2 has additional gym activity profile of floor climbing. It also includes HIIT workouts, On-screen workout animations and On-screen workout muscle maps.
- On the Golf mode, a Venu 2 has an additional feature of Automatic club tracking compatible (requires accessory).
These are the primary differences between the Garmin Venu 2 and Garmin Venu Sq watches.
Garmin Venu 2 ticks most boxes as a smartwatch and a fitness tracker combined into one. The most important difference between Venu 2 and Venu Sq is the music feature of the Venu 2. The premium and sturdy look of the Venu 2 watch is another positive differentiator. And, finally, the better battery life of Venu 2 justifies the incremental cost of a Venu 2. For someone looking to buy an entry level smartwatch, Venu Sq is a decent option. Venu 2 is the watch for people who are aware of the features and need in-depth health monitoring through a smartwatch.
You may also like to read the following content related to Garmin smartwatches:
- Apple Watch 7 vs Garmin Venu 2 Plus
- Garmin Venu 2 Plus vs Garmin Venu 2
- Garmin Venu 2 – Smartwatch for 2022
- Garmin Venu 2 vs Fitbit Sense
- Apple Watch 7 vs Garmin Venu 2
- Garmin Venu 2 vs Garmin Venu 2S
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?