Garmin has launched Garmin Venu 2 Plus last night. This is the newest launch from Garmin. We expect Fenix smartwatches will get updated next. Fenix 6 is likely to be updated to the Fenix 7 model next. In this post, we look at the differences between Garmin Venu 2 Plus and Garmin 2 models of Garmin smartwatches.
Voice Integration with smartphones – Garmin Venu 2 Plus
The biggest change on the Garmin Venu 2 Plus happens in the way the smartwatch integrates with the smartphone. The underlying operating system on the watch allows you to control calls on the smartphone. Voice functionality controls can be exercised through the Venu 2 Plus watch directly. The incremental features allow you to:
- You can control smartphone calls on the Venu 2 Plus. You can make calls or take calls right through the Venu 2 Plus as it integrates with the smartphone over Bluetooth connection.
- Venu 2 Plus can also control the voice assistant on your smartphone. So, the Venu 2 Plus can be used to control Google voice, Siri or Bixby on the smartphone. Venu 2 Plus can make use of voice assistant to send texts, ask questions, control compatible smart home devices and more.
Venu 2 Plus, therefore, adds voice support for calls, text, and voice assistant on the smartphone. Venu 2 and Venu 2 S do not have support for the voice control for the smartphone.
Screen size and device specifications – Venu 2 Plus vs Venu 2
- Venu 2 has a dial or case size of 45 mm, and the Venu 2 Plus has a dial or case size of 43 mm. Venu 2 Plus is slightly smaller than the Venu 2.
- Venu 2 is recommended for wrist size 135-200 mm; Venu 2 Plus is recommened for wrist size 125-190 mm.
- Venu 2 Plus weighs 51 g; Venu 2 weighs 49 g.
- The band size of Venu 2 Plus is 20 mm; Venu 2 has a band size of 22 mm. Both band sizes are as per industry standards for the size of case of each watch model.
- Venu 2 Plus has a stainless steel cover on the back of the watch body. Both, Venu 2 Plus and Venu have fiber enforced polymer body.
In terms of device specifications and size, the main differences between a Venu 2 and Venu 2 Plus have been listed above for your ready reference. There are not many major differences between the Venu 2 Plus and Venu 2 at the physical level. The appearance of both watches is almost identical for the Garmin Venu 2 and the Garmin Venu 2 Plus. The only differentiator will be the different colors of the body and the bands of Venu 2 Plus and Venu 2 watches.
Battery Charge – Garmin Venu 2 Plus vs Garmin Venu 2
Again, there are not many differences in the battery charge or backup levels for a Venu 2 Plus and Venu 2. Albeit, the backup time of Venu 2 Plus has been reduced by little. We compare the battery backup times of Venu 2 Plus and Venu 2 below:
- Venu 2 has a backup of 11 days on smartwatch mode; Venu 2 Plus has a backup of 9 days on the smartwatch mode. So, the Venu 2 Plus has a slightly lower backup time on the smartwatch mode.
- Venu 2 has a backup of 12 days on battery saver smartwatch mode; Venu 2 Plus has a backup of 10 days on the battery saver smartwatch mode.
- Battery backup times for the GPS mode, and GPS + Music mode remain unchanged between the Venu 2 Plus and Venu 2 smartwatch models of Garmin.
Fast charging on the Garmin Venu 2 Plus adds an hour or one day of smartwatch mode in just 10 minutes. Effectively, an hour of charging a Garmin Venu 2 Plus improves the battery backup by almost a week of smartwatch mode or 6 hours of GPS use. When you compare this against the Apple Watch 7 battery backup, a Venu 2 Plus has a pretty good battery backup. You need to charge an Apple Watch 7 for at least 45 minutes a day. This will yield charge almost 75% of the Apple Watch 7. And, Venu 2 Plus will do well with 10 minutes of charging a day to last a day.
Colors – Garmin Venu 2 Plus vs Garmin Venu
Venu 2 is currently available in two colors.
- Silver Stainless steel bezel in graphite blue case.
- Slate stainless steel bezel in black case.
Venu 2 Plus comes in three different colors.
- Silver stainless steel bezel in powder gray case.
- Slate stainless steel bezel in black case.
- Cream gold stainless steelc case with ivory case.
Garmin may introduce new colors for the Garmin Venu 2 Plus or Garmin Venu 2 from time to time. So, you may want to check Garmin’s latest watch offerings on the Garmin website to make good of the available colors.
Costs – Garmin Venu 2 Plus vs Venu 2
Garmin Venu 2 Plus is launched with an introductory price of $449.99. Garmin Venu 2 is being offered at a sale price of $349.99. The price difference between Garmin Venu 2 Plus and Garmin Venu 2 is a good $100. This price gap may change in the future. So, please do check the recent price of the Garmin Venu 2 Plus and Garmin Venu 2 before making a purchase.
Garmin Venu 2 Plus adds the functionality to control smartphone voice assistant and smartphone calls. Apart from this, nothing much has changed between a Garmin Venu 2 Plus and Garmin Venu 2. The price, naturally, has gone up by $100 for the incremental features of the Garmin Venu 2 Plus smartwatch.
You may also like to read the following content related to the Garmin smartwatches:
- Apple watch 7 vs Garmin Fenix 6X Pro for marathon runners
- Garmin Fenix Watch 6 Vs Apple Watch 7
- Garmin Fenix 6 watch for 2022
- Garmin Venu 2 – Smartwatch for 2022
- Garmin Venu 2 vs Fitbit Sense
- Garmin Venu 2 vs Garmin Venu 2S
Helen is a geeky nerd who seeks to find and fix tech gaps in the latest gadgets. She is always on the lookout for resolving technical queries of users, and is an avid writer on technical subjects.