Garmin is one of the leading and reliable smartwatch manufacturers in the world. Garmin makes watches in all sorts of configuration. Some of the most recent launches include smartwatches with a size of 51 mm. At the same time, Garmin makes smaller smartwatches that are suitable for the small wrists. Which Garmin smartwatch is available for small wrists? When we talk about small wrists, we are looking at a wrist size starting between 100-110 mm. The higher limit could be anywhere between 160-170 mm.
We list the five Garmin smartwatches that are suitable for smaller wrist sizes.
Vivoactive 4S is suitable for wrist size between 110-170 mm. The watch has a physical size of 40 mm and the size of the display is a little under 28 mm. If you continue using the silicone band offered by Garmin, the watch would look nice on smaller wrists. It is a relatively lighter watch with a weight of 40 g only. The watch has a steel bezel with a fiber enforced polymer body. With the standard silicone band, the Venu 2S watch looks decent on smaller wrists.
There are quite a few significant features of the Vivoactive 4S that you ought to be aware of:
Vivoactive 4S has a Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The third generation Corning Gorilla Glass 3 offers good readability experience and has a bright display. There are quite a few significant features that are available on the Vivoactive 4S. We will list the main features of the Vivoactive 4S below, for your ready reference:
- Music – Vivoactive 4S can store up to 500 songs on the device. It can also control music on the paired smartphone.
- Swimming – Vivoactive 4S has a water rating of 5 ATM. It is suitable for indoor or pool swimming
- Battery – Vivoactive 4S has a decent battery life of up to 7 days on the smartwatch mode.
- Heart Monitoring – Perpetual heart rate monitoring and abnormal heart rate alerts are part of the watch’s health monitoring.
- GPS – Vivoactive 4S has sensors for GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellite systems.
- Wireless Connectivity – We got ANT+, WiFi and Bluetooth wireless connectivity on the Vivoactive 4S.
Vivoactive 4S has a list price of $349.99. You can always look for special pricing on the Vivoactive 4S.
Venu 2S is a robust watch that has the much improved AMOLED display on the watch. The watch is suitable for wrist size between 110-175 mm. The physical size of Venu 2S is 40 mm and the display size is a little under 28 mm. The weight is a little over 38 g.
- Lens Material – Venu 2S uses the Corning Gorilla Glass of the third generation. We call it the Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The glass is one of the standard glass choices for wearables industry.
- Price – Venu 2S has a price of $399.99. It is marginally higher than the Vivoactive 4S.
- AMOLED display – Venu 2S offers AMOLED display with a display resolution of 360 x 360 pixels. At the price offered, Venu 2S has the best display offering in terms of display resolution and clarity.
- Music – Venu 2S comes with internal storage space that allows you to store up to 650 songs on the watch.
- Swimming – Venu 2S has a 5 ATM water rating that allows you to wear it during pool swimming. The watch has a pool swimming profile as well.
- GPS – Venu 2S has sensors to offer GPS, Galileo and GLONASS satellite systems for GNSS.
- Venu 2S also offers you the touchscreen functionality.
Venu Sq 2
Venu Sq 2 is the latest variant of the Venu series. The watch is designed for small wrists. The second generation watch has a square or box shape. It has a size of 40 mm with display size of 36 mm. Venu Sq 2 is suitable for wrist size between 125-190 mm. The watch has a weight of 38 g only, thus making it one of the lightest Garmin watches around.
Apart from the compact size of Venu Sq 2, the watch boasts of some of the best standard features of smartwatches. We list these below for your ready reference.
- Display Lens – Venu Sq 2 uses the Corning Gorilla Glass 3 lens. The lens reflects well and display readability is decently high.
- AMOLED Display – Venu Sq 2 also has AMOLED display and affords an opportunity to use the ‘Always on Display’ feature. The display resolution is pretty high at 320 x 360 pixels.
- Music – Venu Sq 2 does not allow you to store audio content on the watch. It also cannot be used to control smartphone music. For music functionality, you need to choose the Venu Sq 2 Music variant.
- GPS – Sensors for GPS, GLONASS and Galileo are in-built into the watch for overall GNSS coverage through the best three satellite systems in the world.
- Swimming – Venu Sq 2 has a water rating of 5 ATM. It is suitable for indoor pool swimming. The watch can handle depth pressure of 50 meters under water surface level.
- Battery – Venu Sq 2 also has an improved battery life. It comes with up to 11 days of battery backup on the smartwatch mode.
- Health Features – All the standard health features including heart rate monitoring, pulse oxygenation sensor and body battery energy monitor are part of the Venu Sq 2 edition.
Venu Sq 2 edition comes at a list price of $249.99. It is the latest watch and is one of the best value for money Garmin smartwatches around in the town.
Forerunner 255S is an entry level watch for runners. It has been designed to offer you advanced metrics for running data. The watch has been rated for use for wrist size between 110-175 mm. Forerunner 255S has a physical size of 41 mm and the display size is a little under 28 mm. The watch weight is just 39 g. The Forerunner 255S body and bezel are completely made of the fiber-enforced polymer.
We look at some of the best features of the Forerunner 255S below.
- Lens Material – Forerunner 255S comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Display – The Forerunner 255S watch has a memory-in-pixel screen. The display resolution is 218 x 218 pixels. The MIP screen puts lesser load on the battery. For runners, the intent is to offer a better backup on the watch.
- Swimming – Forerunner 255S has a water rating of 5 ATM and is suitable for pool swimming. the watch can take a depth pressure of up to 50 meters below water surface level.
- Music – Forerunner 255S does not have the ability to store personal audio content for offline listening. At the same time, the Forerunner 255S can control the smartphone music. If you are looking for music on a Forerunner for smaller wrists, we suggest taking a look at the Forerunner 255S Music edition. For an additional expense of $50, you get music functionality.
- Battery – Forerunners have extended battery life. This is borne out by the fact that the Forerunner 255S has a battery life that can go up to 12 days on the smartwatch mode.
- GPS – Forerunner 255S has different sensors for the GPS, GLONASS and Galileo satellite systems. It, however, does not have the multi mode GPS abilities.
- Health Monitoring – All the standard health tracking including the heart rate monitoring, blood oxygenation tracking and body battery energy monitoring are part of the Forerunner 255S smartwatch.
The Forerunner 255S comes for a price tag of $349.99. If you want offline music, you can choose the Forerunner 255S Music edition for $399.99. Both watches are designed for thinner wrists.
Instinct 2S – Standard edition
The Instinct 2S Standard edition is rated for wrist size between 112-180 mm. The watch comes in a physical size of 40 mm. For its size, Instinct 2S Standard edition has a slightly higher weight of 42 g. We look at some significant points about the Instinct 2S Standard below.
- Lens Material – Instinct 2S Standard edition has a display glass that has been made of chemically strengthened glass.
- Display Screen – The display screen is Memory-in-pixel with display resolution of 156 x 156 pixels. The display resolution is on the lower end.
- Swimming – One of the strongest features of the Instinct 2S Standard edition is the 10 ATM water resistance rating. The watch can handle depth pressure at depths of 100 meter or 332 feet below water surface level. It comes with profiles for open water swimming and pool swimming.
- Music – Instinct 2S can be used to control the smartphone music. However, Instinct 2S has device storage of 32 MB only. So, we cannot use it to store personal audio content on the watch for offline listening.
- GPS – Garmin has equipped the Instinct 2S watch with GPS, GLONASS and Galileo sensors for accurate GPS data.
- Battery – Instincts 2S has an extended battery life. The battery can last for up to 21 days on the smartwatch mode.
- Watch Body – The watch body of Instinct 2S is completely made of the fiber-enforced polymer material.
For the price of $349.99, an Instinct 2S may look like a dated watch to some. But, it has its own unique selling points that include one of the best battery backups.
We have shared details of five Garmin smartwatches that are ideal for smaller wrists. Of these, I would prefer the Venu 2S or Venu Sq 2 for the AMOLED display. Both watches provide all the standard features that are part of the contemporary smartwatches.
You may like to read more content related to Garmin smartwatches below:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Helen Kurt is a geeky nerd who loves to cover the wearables space. She has over 5 years of experience in the smartwatch domain. You can reach her on email at [email protected].