Epix 2 has been released by Garmin in January 2022. The watch comes in two editions. Epix generation 2 Standard edition and the Epix generation 2 Sapphire edition.
Most features on both smartwatches in the Epix 2 series are identical. We look at the key features of both watch editions and the points of differences between the two watch editions of Epix generation 2.
Key Differences between Epix Gen 2 vs Epix Gen 2 Sapphire Edition
We look at the key differences between the Epix generation 2 and Epix generation 2 Sapphire edition watches.
- The lens material on the Epix 2 Standard edition watch is made of Corning Gorilla Glass DX. The Epix 2 Sapphire edition has a lens made of Sapphire crystal. Sapphire is one of the hardest minerals that are available. And, Sapphire lens material makes the Epix 2 Sapphire edition (virtually) scratch proof.
- Multi frequency positioning sensor has been made available on the Garmin Epix 2 Sapphire edition. Multi mode GPS helps getting GPS data from multiple satellites within the same GPS system. It helps in improving GPS signal reliability.
- On-device storage of Epix 2 Standard edition is 16 GB. In comparison, the Epix 2 Sapphire edition is 32 GB. This implies that you could download more Connect IQ apps on the Epix 2 Sapphire edition than on the Epix 2 Standard edition.
- Topo maps, trail and road maps come preloaded on the Epix 2 Sapphire edition. You will need to download these separately on the Epix 2 Standard edition smartwatch.
- The Sapphire edition of Epix 2 is lighter than the Epix 2 Standard edition. Epix 2 standard edition weighs 76 g and the Epix 2 Sapphire edition weighs 70 g.
- The bezel and rear cover on the Epix 2 Sapphire edition is made of titanium. In comparison, the Epix 2 standard edition has the bezel and rear cover made of passivated steel.
- Epix 2 Sapphire is available for the list price while there is a discount on the Epix 2 standard edition smartwatches as of now.
Features that are common in Epix 2 and Epix 2 Sapphire edition
Epix 2 and Epix 2 Sapphire edition share most features as these remain identical across both watch editions. Some very significant features of the Epix generation 2 and Epix generation 2 Sapphire edition are listed below.
- Both watches have AMOLED display with a display resolution of 416 x 416 pixels. Always on display feature is a part of the feature offerings. Screen size of both watches is 1.3″. And, both watches have a similar thickness of 14.5 mm.
- Both watches have the touchscreen functionality.
- GPS functionality is standard for Epix 2 and Epix 2 Sapphire edition watches. Supported satellite systems include GPS, GLONASS and Galileo.
- Epix 2 Standard and Sapphire edition watches have multiple sensors to provide health tracking and special features. Some significant sensors are the heart rate monitor, blood oxygenation monitor, barometer, gyroscope, and temperature sensor.
- Both watches are compatible with Android and iOS mobile ecosystems.
- Garmin Pay is available for NFC payments on both watch editions of Epix 2 and Epix 2 Sapphire edition.
- In terms of wireless technologies, Epix Standard and Sapphire edition watches support Bluetooth, ANT+ and WIFI.
- Epix 2 and Epix 2 Sapphire have in-built profiles for swimming, golfing, running and cycling. Besides these, multiple outdoor recreation profiles are a part of the features of Epix 2 and Epix 2 Sapphire edition.
- On-device storage or internal storage is available on Epix 2 and Epix 2 Sapphire edition. This will allow you to store music files locally on the device.
These are some of the most significant features of the Epix generation 2 and the Epix generation 2 Sapphire edition watches. Pick the one that ticks all boxes for you.
You may like to read more about the following content related to Garmin smartwatches:
- Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar Smartwatches
- Garmin Fenix 7 vs Epix 2 Smartwatches
- Garmin Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar vs Fenix 6X Pro Solar smartwatches
- Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar vs Fenix 7S Solar
- Fenix 7 vs Fenix 6 smart watches
- Garmin Fenix 6 Firmware 20.30 – update 13.01.22
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?