Garmin Epix 2 does have the ability to play music and even store music on the device. In fact, Epix 2 has the full set of features for music compatibility. It can play third-party playlists. Epix 2 can be used to control music on the paired smartphone. It can also store personal audio on the Epix 2 watch and play it right off the watch. Effectively, you can play music from the watch storage without needing to carry the smartphone at all times.
We look at the different music options that are available on an Epix 2 device.
Can I store music on Epix 2?
Yes, you can store music or personal audio content on the Epix 2 smartwatch. The standard edition of Epix 2 has an internal memory of 16 GB. The Sapphire edition of Epix 2 has an internal memory of 32 GB. Epix 2 can easily store up to 2000 songs on the watch storage. Such audio content could be in the form of mp3 or mp4 files for offline listening. To play music from Epix 2’s device storage, you will need to connect the Bluetooth headphone speakers to the Epix 2 smartwatch. Once connected, Epix 2 will stream the audio content from the watch storage. To stream music, it uses Bluetooth headphone speakers.
You can download music from your computer or through a third-party music website like Spotify.
How to download music on Epix 2 device from your computer?
To download music on the Epix 2 smartwatch, you will need a computer. Music files will be transferred from the computer to the smartwatch using the Garmin Express application. Please follow the instructions below:
- We will use the Garmin Express application on your computer. Download music on to your computer.
- Connect the Epix 2 smartwatch to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch the Garmin Express application on your computer.
- On your Windows computer, load the Music folder. On a MacBook, please load the iTunes Library. These folders have the music content on your computer.
- Select the audio content that needs to be copied over to the Epix 2 smartwatch. You can select music files by placing a check mark against the music files.
- Select ‘Send to Device’ button to copy the audio content from your computer to the Epix 2 smartwatch.
This completes the process of copying the audio content from your computer to the Epix 2 smartwatch.
To play this music, please connect Bluetooth headphone speakers to the Epix 2 smartwatch.
How to control music on the smartphone through Epix 2?
For most practical scenarios, music content may be stored on the smartphone. Smartphones, generally, have much higher storage than a smartwatch. Epix 2 allows you to control music stored on the paired smartphone.
We make use of the music controls on the Epix 2 smartwatch to control music stored on the smartphone. Here is how you can control smartphone music using your Epix 2 smartwatch.
- Hold DOWN from any watch screen of Epix 2. This shall bring up the music controls on the Epix 2.
- Hold MENU on the Epix 2 watch screen.
- From a list of ‘Music Providers, choose ‘Control Phone’.
This will bring up the audio content on the paired smartphone. You will be able to play music right off the smartphone. To listen to music stored on the smartphone, you will still need to connect Bluetooth headphones for streaming.
How to play third-party music through Epix 2?
Epix 2 can be used to play third-party audio content. Third-party content includes music providers like Spotify. Epix 2 comes with inbuilt support for a few third-party audio content providers. You can always add additional third-party music sources on the Epix 2 smartwatch. For this to happen, you will need to add the music provider’s app on the Garmin Epix 2 smartwatch. Once the app is added and enabled, it will present itself as one of the options under the ‘Music Providers’ category on the Epix 2 smartwatch.
You have 2 options to play third-party music through Epix 2.
Play music through third-party music site without downloading audio on the watch
You can directly stream audio content from a third-party music site like Spotify. To do so, you will need to integrate the third-party music service with the Garmin Connect app. Please follow the instructions below:
- Open the Garmin Connect app. From the ‘Garmin Devices, choose your Epix 2 watch. This loads the configuration options on Garmin Epix 2 smartwatch.
- On the Epix 2, select Music. Now select ‘Music Providers’. You will see a list of third-party music streaming services. You can select one of these as source for your music content. Or, you can expand the list of ‘Music Providers’ by installing the music service app on your watch. To add a new music service provider, please use the ‘Get Music Apps’ to locate a provider and add it over.
Once you have connected the Epix 2 to the music streaming service, you can play the music content using your watch and a paired Bluetooth speaker.
Download and play music from a third-party website on Epix 2
Epix 2 can also download music files from a third-party website. These music files will be stored locally on your watch storage. And, you can play audio content from your watch’s storage. You still need to use paired Bluetooth headphones to listen to music. To download audio content from a third-party website, please follow the instructions below:
- Press DOWN to bring up music controls on the watch.
- Hold MENU option.
- Select Music Providers. You will see a list of music providers that are supported on the Garmin Epix 2 smartwatch.
- Select the playlist to download to the watch.
- Press the BACK button on the watch to synchornize the playlists with your Epix 2 device storage.
Now that you have download audio content from the third-party music streaming service, you can connect Bluetooth headphones to the watch. This allows you to play music directly from the watch. You do not need to carry your smartphone for listening to music. In other words, offline music listening becomes possible on the Epix 2 smartwatch.
Epix 2 has a full coverage music feature on the smartwatch. It allows you to play music from your watch. You can also stream music directly from a site like Spotify. Or, you can control the music on your smartphone using the Epix 2 smartwatch. Up to 2000 songs can be stored locally on the Epix 2 smartwatch.
You may also like to read the following content related to Garmin Fenix and Epix 2 smartwatches:
- Garmin Fenix 7 vs Forerunner 945
- Does Fenix 7 have ECG
- Garmin Fenix 6 Firmware 20.50 – Updated 14.02.22
- Garmin Fenix 7 vs Epix 2 Smartwatches
- Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar vs Fenix 7S Solar
- Fenix 7 vs Fenix 6 smart watches
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?