Fitbit Versa’s latest device update or firmware update is christened as VERSION 18.104.22.168. This device update of the Versa smart watch will update the firmware on your smart watch to version 22.214.171.124. It will also update the Fitbit app to the corresponding Fitbit OS update version 4.2.2. Please make a note that the firmware for Versa, Versa 2 and Versa 3 are entirely different. And, while the Versa and Versa 2 are compatible with the Fitbit OS update 4.2.2, the Versa 3’s OS would be updated to 5.2.1 whenever you push the latest firmware updates on the Versa 3. So, the point to remember is that each Versa smart watch is on a different firmware version and the OS update would be a part of the device update process. If your Versa’s Fitbit app shows version 4.2.2 after the update, it would mean you are on a Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Versa 2.
Let us head over to the exact process of updating firmware on the Fitbit Versa smart watch. Before initiating an update of the firmware, we will do a few prerequisite steps to ensure that the update completes successful. A firmware update that fails for whatever reason has the potential to jeopardize the Fitbit Versa device.
Prepare for the firmware update on Versa
- please ensure that the Fitbit device – Versa is fully charged before attempting an update of the firmware
- please ensure that the phone on which Fitbit app is installed is also charged fully.
- ensure that the Fitbit Versa and app have a good paired connection. If the quality of Bluetooth connection between the Versa and the Fitbit app is questionable, unpair the device from the Fitbit app and re-attempt the pairing.
- if possible, drop other Bluetooth connections from the phone that has Fitbit app. Let there be a single paired device on the phone and that device ought to be the Fitbit Versa smart watch.
These preparatory steps are important because the actual update process may take an hour or more. Ensuring adequate battery charge on the Fitbit Versa and the paired phone is critical for the successful completion of update on the Fitbit Versa smart watch.
Before moving on with the firmware update on the Versa smart watch, we will also make a note of the current firmware that is installed on the device i.e. the Versa smart watch. You can find out the current version of firmware installed on the Versa by using the Fitbit app or the Fitbit website. Please follow the instructions to find the current firmware on Versa below:
Find firmware version on your Versa
To know the firmware version from the Fitbit app:
- In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab
- Tap your profile picture
- Check your device image. The firmware version number appears under your device’s name.
To know the current firmware version from the fitbit.com dashboard,
- click the gear icon and
- select your device to find the firmware version.
On certain Fitbit devices (including Versa), you can find the firmware version in the Settings app About or Device Info.
Once you know the current version of firmware on your Fitbit Versa, we will update the firmware to the latest version – VERSION 126.96.36.199. We have two alternate methods for updating the firmware on the Fitbit Versa device. We can update the firmware on Versa watch through the Fitbit app from your phone or through the Fitbit connect from your desktop computer or laptop.
Update the firmware on Fitbit Versa using the Fitbit App
- Firmware updates only become available if you allow the Fitbit app to run in the background. You may need to adjust your phone’s settings to allow the Fitbit app to run in the background.
- With your charged Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app.
- Tap the Today tab your profile picture your device image.
- Tap the pink Update button. This option only appears if an update is available.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device close to your phone, tablet, or computer during the update. After you start the update, a progress bar appears on your device and in the Fitbit app until the update is complete. This may take an hour or more to complete the updates.
Update the firmware on Fitbit Versa using the fitbit.com dashboard
- You will need Fitbit connect app to be installed on your computer to follow this process of updating the firmware on your Versa 3 smart watch.
- Confirm that you have the latest version of Fitbit Connect. To do so:
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer.
- Click Open Main Menu.
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Below the Fitbit Connect number, click Check for updates.
- Go back to the main menu and click Check for device update.
- When prompted, log in to your Fitbit account.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions and keep your Fitbit Versa 3 device close to your computer during the update. After you start the updates, a progress bar appears on your device and in Fitbit Connect until the update is complete.
If all goes well, your Fitbit Versa should be upgraded to the latest firmware version – VERSION 188.8.131.52 , and the Fitbit OS should be updated to the latest version 4.2.2.
If you have other models of Fitbit smart watches, you may follow the instructions to update the firmware and the Fitbit OS using the helpful links below:
- You can update the firmware version on Fitbit Sense by following the instructions on this page.
- To update the firmware version on Fitbit Versa 3, please follow the instructions on this page.
- To update the firmware version on Fitbit Versa 2, please follow the instructions on this page.
- You may update the firmware on Fitbit Versa, by following the instructions from here.
- To update the firmware on Fitbit Versa lite edition, please follow the instructions here.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?