Fitbit Versa 3 received a firmware update in the last week of July. The latest firmware version is . VERSION 18.104.22.168. The firmware will also update the Fitbit operating system to 5.2.1.
Before updating the firmware on Versa 3, please make sure that the Fitbit Versa 3 is fully charged. And, also please make sure that the phone on which Fitbit app is installed is in proximal distance with the Versa 3 smart watch. The quality of connection between the phone and the Fitbit Versa 3 should be good. If possible, try to ensure that you do not have any other Bluetooth device connected with the phone. During the update, let the Fitbit Versa 3 be the only device connected to the phone. Although this is not stated as a requirement by Fitbit, but it is being suggested by us to ensure that the firmware update and the Fitbit app completes without any hassles on your side.
The process of firmware update may take up to an hour. Hence, charge on the Fitbit Versa 3 and the connecting phone must be able to last for an hour, at least. Before updating the firmware on the Versa 3, please make a note of the current firmware on the Versa 3. You can find out the current version of firmware installed on the Versa 3 by using the Fitbit app or the Fitbit website. Please follow the instructions below:
Find firmware version on your Versa 3
To know the firmware version from the Fitbit app:
- In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab
- Tap your profile picture
- Check your device image. The firmware version number appears under your device’s name.
On the fitbit.com dashboard,
- click the gear icon and
- select your device to find the firmware version.
On certain Fitbit devices (including Versa), you can find the firmware version in the Settings app About or Device Info.
Once you know the current version of firmware on your Fitbit Versa 3, we will update the firmware to the latest version – 22.214.171.124. We have two alternate approach to updating the firmware on Fitbit Versa 3. We can update the firmware on Versa 3 watch through the Fitbit app from your phone or through the Fitbit connect from your computer.
Update the firmware on Fitbit Versa 3 using the Fitbit App
- Firmware updates only become available if you allow the Fitbit app to run in the background. You may need to adjust your phone’s settings to allow the Fitbit app to run in the background.
- With your charged Fitbit device nearby, open the Fitbit app.
- Tap the Today tab your profile picture your device image.
- Tap the pink Update button. This option only appears if an update is available.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and keep the device close to your phone, tablet, or computer during the update. After you start the update, a progress bar appears on your device and in the Fitbit app until the update is complete. This may take an hour or more to complete the updates.
Update the firmware on Fitbit Versa 3 using the fitbit.com dashboard
- You will need Fitbit connect app to be installed on your computer to follow this process of updating the firmware on your Versa 3 smart watch.
- Confirm that you have the latest version of Fitbit Connect. To do so:
- Click the Fitbit Connect icon located near the date and time on your computer.
- Click Open Main Menu.
- Click Troubleshooting.
- Below the Fitbit Connect number, click Check for updates.
- Go back to the main menu and click Check for device update.
- When prompted, log in to your Fitbit account.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions and keep your Fitbit Versa 3 device close to your computer during the update. After you start the updates, a progress bar appears on your device and in Fitbit Connect until the update is complete.
If all goes well, your Fitbit Versa 3 smart watch should be upgraded to the latest firmware version – 126.96.36.199, and the Fitbit OS should be updated to the latest version 5.2.1.
If you have other models of Fitbit smart watches, you may follow the instructions to update the firmware and the Fitbit OS using the helpful links below:
- You can update the firmware version on Fitbit Sense by following the instructions on this page.
- To update the firmware version on Fitbit Versa 3, please follow the instructions on this page.
- To update the firmware version on Fitbit Versa 2, please follow the instructions on this page.
- You may update the firmware on Fitbit Versa, by following the instructions from here.
- To update the firmware on Fitbit Versa lite edition, please follow the instructions here.
Helen is a geeky nerd who seeks to find and fix tech gaps in the latest gadgets. She is always on the lookout for resolving technical queries of users, and is an avid writer on technical subjects.