Fitbit’s Charge 4 has a very poor quality of wrist strap or the wrist band. The quality of the Charge 4 is bad to such an extent that many Fitbit users have complained about broken straps within 6 months of buying the Charge 4. Most people buy fitness trackers, with a considered view, to use them for one or more years. For a device that costs anywhere between $129- $149, the strap or the band quality leaves a lot to be desired. The quality is below the quality standards of the Fitbit brand.
If your Fitbit Charge 4’s strap breaks or wears off within the guarantee period, you should follow the instructions below to claim a replacement. Yes, Fitbit is aware of the issues arising out of the poor quality of straps on the Charge 4. The company would have realized the negative press that the poor quality straps is bringing to the company and the Fitbit brand. So, a replacement is a given thing. Follow the instructions to get your replacement fitness tracker:
- If and when your Fitbit Charge 4 strap breaks off, take a picture of the broken strap or band. This picture is a proof that needs to be shared with the Fitbit customer support team.
- Contact the Fitbit customer support team and tell them about the broken strap or band.
- In most cases, the customer support team member will ask for a picture proof. Share the image of the broken strap of the Fitbit Charge 4.
- Once the replacement is approved, you will need to ship the old Fitbit fitness tracker back to the company.
- Depending on your location, the replacement gets delivered to you anytime within a week to six weeks. Some users have mentioned that they have had to wait for up to 6 weeks to get the replacement Charge 4 band.
Normally, the issue with strap or the Charge 4 band is taken care of very proactively. But, to be honest, your expectations need to be in place for a replacement delivery schedule between one to six weeks.
If your Fitbit Charge 4 is outside the guarantee period, you are out of any chance to get a replacement done. Repairs of Fitbit products are, generally, not possible. It may still be possible to get the piece repaired, and hence it may be worth giving a shout to the Fitbit customer support team. Customer satisfaction is an important goal of the Fitbit team.
It is sad to note that a good brand of Fitness Charge 4 has had a share of bad experiences arising out of the poor quality of Charge 4 straps and the band. Hopefully, the company would have learnt a lesson or two about the quality issues on the Fitbit Charge 4’s band. And, we do hope that the new Charge 4 fitness trackers would come with better quality wrist bands on the Fitbit device.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Helen Kurt is a geeky nerd who loves to cover the wearables space. She has over 5 years of experience in the smartwatch domain. You can reach her on email at [email protected].