Yes, Fenix 6X Pro has music. It has an ability to store music on the watch and play it from the device. I can also control and play music from the paired smart phone or play music from one of the third party music apps like Spotify. In all three respects of playing music files, Garmin Fenix 6X Pro has full compatibility.
Internal memory of the Fenix 6X Pro smart watch is 32 Gb. This gives a capacity to download and store up to 2000 songs on the watch storage. You could download songs or music from the paired smart phone using the Garmin connect app. Or, you can use the Garmin express application to download music from your computer on to the Fenix 6X Pro smart watch. In both cases, you are physically storing the music files like the mp3 files on your device storage. Any time you play these files, you will be playing the audio content locally from the Fenix 6X watch.
How to control music on the smartphone from Fenix 6X Pro
Fenix 6X Pro also allows you to control music from the smart phone. You can play music from the smart phone by using the controls on the Fenix 6X Pro watch. To play music from the paired smart phone, please follow the instructions below:
- Hold down one of the watch screens to bring up the Menu.
- Select Music Providers
- Select — Control Phone
- Select the three dots to bring up the music controls.
- From the music controls, you can choose to select the audio files or playlists that you wish to play.
- Most music controls are pretty self-explanatory and follow the universal music symbols for Play, Rewind, Skip, Forward etc.
Using the Garmin connect app, you can also play music from third-party music sites or apps. You can play the music playlists from Spotify as well. So, in a way, one can say that the Fenix 6X pro works well with Spotify playlists as well. You could even download music content from Spotify using the Garmin connect app.
Below, we look at the ways in which we can download music on to the 6X Pro device.
Downloading music from your computer to Fenix 6X Pro
You can download personal music files from a computer to the Fenix 6X Pro device storage. Before you copy the music over from the computer to 6X Pro, you will need to make sure that the computer has the Garmin express application. Here are the steps to download personal music files from your computer to the Fenix 6X Pro smart watch:
- Install Garmin express application on your computer or laptop
- Connect the Fenix 6X Pro watch to the computer on the USB port
- Select the Fenix 6X Pro device and open the Music folder
- On your computer, browse to My Music or Itunes Library list, and select the songs or playlists you wish to copy.
- Select the music files through checkboxes and push ‘Send to device’. This will copy the music files on your computer to the Fenix 6X Pro device storage.
Downloading music from Spotify to Fenix 6X Pro
You can copy the audio files or playlists from Spotify to Fenix 6X Pro device storage.
- Ensure that the Fenix 6X Pro is fully charged before transferring audio content from Spotify.
- Ensure that the Fenix 6X Pro has a good WIFI connection. Third party audio files or playlists on Spotify get downloaded to the Fenix 6X Pro storage over the WIFI network.
- Open music controls on the Fenix 6X Pro by holding down one of the screens.
- Select Menu
- Select Music Providers –> Spotify
- Select ‘Add music and podcasts’
- Select the music file, song or the playlist that you wish to download from Spotify to the Fenix 6X Pro
- The selected music files and playlists will get downloaded on to the device storage of Fenix 6X Pro.
We can conclude that the Fenix 6X Pro has support for storing music files and playlists on the device. It can play music from the device storage, or it can be used to play music that resides on your paired smart phone. On a similar basis, it can play music from third-party music sites such as Spotify. The 6X Pro series goes well and truly over the basic Fenix 6 smart watches in terms of coverage for the music files and third party compatible music sites.
You may like to read more content related to Fenix watches below:
- Does Fenix 6 have fall detection?
- Garmin Fenix watches with Sapphire glass
- Garmin Fenix 6 – Your Questions
- Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar Smartwatches
- Garmin Fenix 7 vs Epix 2 Smartwatches
- Fenix 7X Sapphire Solar vs Fenix 7 Sapphire Solar smartwatches
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Helen Kurt is a geeky nerd who loves to cover the wearables space. She has over 5 years of experience in the smartwatch domain. You can reach her on email at [email protected].