The Samsung Watch 4 comes in aluminum casing, while the Samsung Watch 4 classic edition has a stainless steel casing. The bezel on the Samsung Watch 4 Classic edition can be rotated. And, the weight of both watches are different. Samsung Watch 4 weighs 25.9 gm for 40 mm model and 30.3 gm for the 44 mm model. Samsung Watch 4 Classic edition is slightly heavier due to steel casing. The 42 mm Galaxy 4 classic edition watch weighs 46.5 gm and the 46 mm Galaxy Watch 4 Classic edition weighs 52 gm.
So, all differences between the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Vs Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic edition end up being limited to five aspects, besides the obvious price difference of a $100 between the two models. These differences are stated below for a ready reference:
- Difference in casing. Aluminum vs Stainless steel.
- Difference in weight of the watches Aluminm casing is lighter weight than the steel casing.
- Difference in the rotating bezel on the Classic edition.
- Difference in dial size between the Galaxy Watch 4 Vs Galaxy Watch 4 Classic edition. The Classic edition has a 42 mm and 46 mm dial options. The Watch 4 has 40 mm and 44 mm dial options.
- Watch 4 comes in Pink, Green, Black, Silver bands while the Watch 4 Classic edition comes in only Black and Silver.
All other features on the Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic edition are similar. We will just summarize the common feature set between the Galaxy watch 4 and the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic edition. This should serve well as a ready reckoner of sorts between the Samsung Watch 4 and Samsung Watch 4 Classic edition.
- Both carry the same chipset – Exynos W920 Dual Core 1.18GHz (5nm Processor)
- Both have the same internal memory of 1.5 GB RAM and internal storage of 16 GB for on-device storage of files. Only 8 GB of the listed device storage is available for your files. The remaining internal storage is made use of by the OS running the watch software i.e. Wear OS.
- Both watches have similar batteries. 40/42 mm carry a 247 mAH battery. 44/46 mm watches use 361 mAH battery.
- Both models of Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 Classic edition have ATM5 and IP68 water rating. These watches are good for swimming. The watches have been rated to be safe under water at a depth of 50 m or 165 feet for a period of 10 minutes or less.
- Both watches have wireless charging.
- Both watches support WIFI connectivity over 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks.
- Both watches have Corning glass and Super AMOLED+ display.
- Both watches support Google Pay, provided your country allows it.
- And, finally, both watches support GPS connectivity through A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou and Galileo.
Essentially, both watches are similar to each other. Some people prefer a steel look bezel and therefore the Galaxy Watch 4 classic edition would work well for such people. Others may be happy with the functionality on offer and choose to go with an aluminum casing. In doing so, they will also save at least a hundred dollars over the Samsung Watch 4 Classic edition.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Helen Kurt is a geeky nerd who loves to cover the wearables space. She has over 5 years of experience in the smartwatch domain. You can reach her on email at [email protected].