Chrome received a stable channel upgrade for Windows on 7 November 2023. The current stable release version for Windows is 119.0.6045.123/124. Chrome updates for Mac and Linux were also released the same day.
- Chrome browser received a security update on 7 November 2023.
- For Windows, the stable release version for the Chrome browser is 119.0.6045.123/124.
- Chrome 119.0.6045.123/124 is valid for all Windows 10, Windows 11 and 64 bit Windows installations.
- For Mac computers, the stable release version for Chrome browser is 119.0.6045.123.
- For Linux computers, the stable release version for Chrome browser is 119.0.6045.123.
- This security update fixes a security vulnerability CVE-2023-5996. Details of the vulnerability are shared below.
- For Android devices, the latest release of the Chrome browser is 119.0.6045.134. The Android version will be made available through the Google Play Store.
Meanwhile, the Extended Stable channel for the Chrome browser has been updated to 118.0.5993.136 for Windows and Mac computers.
These updates should be automatically applied to the target computers over the next few days. You could also download the latest version of Chrome browser.
The current update for Chrome for Windows 119.0.6045.123/124 has a fix for a single security vulnerability.
- Vulnerability – CVE-2023-5996
- Use after free in WebAudio in Google Chrome prior to 119.0.6045.123 allowed a remote attacker to potentially exploit heap corruption via a crafted HTML page. The Chromium project attaches a HIGH severity to this vulnerability.
The threat was tracked as a Chromium bug 1497859.
How to find the current Chrome browser version?
You can find the installed version of the Chrome browser on your Windows desktop by following the instructions below:
- Launch Chrome.
- Click on the 3 Vertical Dots. in the upper right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Scroll down to and Hover over the Help option, then click on About Google Chrome in the new menu that opens.
- A new window appears that provides information about the browser.
How to update Chrome browser?
Chrome browser gets updated automatically as a background process. You need to close the Chrome browser and launch it again. This should allow the browser engine to fetch the latest updates.
If there is a pending update for the Chrome browser, you will get a pending icon on the browser three dots. The color of the icon will depend upon the time period for which the update has been pending.
- If the pending update was released less than 2 days ago, you will see Green dots.
- If the pending update was released about 4 days ago, you will see Yellow dots.
- If the pending update was released at least a week ago, you will see Red dots.
We do suggest keeping the Chrome browser updated at all times to resolve security vulnerabilities.
You may also like to read more about the Edge update for version 119.0.2151.44 on this page.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Rajesh Dhawan is a technology professional who loves to blog about smart wearables, Cloud computing and Microsoft technologies. He loves to break complex problems into manageable chunks of meaningful information.